No announcement yet.

Moving along...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No damage was done. The guy did, however, manage to crash his computer and have to dyno the car again.

Won't be bringing my car to that place again...

Regards,

Tim
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Bad ass.... Go look in the pics for what I am working on.
      http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

cool!!! all this is inspiring. i pulled the B6T and tanny out of a crashed 323, the motor ran great! i got a festy a few weeks ago and plan to swap the motors. im gettin money toghether and also the info. its cool how all you guys have your shit together, sounds like. i love working on my cars!!!

Comment

good luck

Comment

I managed to spend all weekend cleaning my garage looking for my caulking gun only to find out my neighbor had borrowed it a few months ago :shock: At least now i can finish stripping my parts car that has been uncovered during my cleanup and get it out of the garage.
            Kevin
            '93 L (BP{T} Sold
            '90 L Plus Sold
            '94 Mercury Capri XR2 sold

Comment

I fixed a leak in the radiator hose and got to witness the temperature gauge go over 1/2 for the first time ever.
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Got some work done in the machine shop at school today. I had a cast aluminum intercooler pipe from a Saab laying around in the garage. Lucky for me, it fit exactly they way I needed it to. So today I sandblasted it clean and repainted it flat black. I welded up the piping which goes from the intercooler to the throttle body. I drew up a turbo inlet flange for the subaru compressor in AutoCAD and then scribed the hole centres and shit onto a flat piece of steel. I sandblasted it, then drilled the holes out, then cut it to shape, then milled the face which bolts to the turbo. I then chopped up a piece of 2.25" mandrel bent pipe which will be used to plumb air from the MAF to the turbo inlet. I welded them together in kind of an S-shape, which is needed to clear the rad fan. I drilled 3/8" and 1" holes for fittings that will connect to the valve cover breather and BOV return (respectively). I was all ready to weld it together when I got kicked out of the shop. I'll finish it tomorrow and hopefully have the car running and ready to be tuned on Sunday.

I should have been in class but this was more fun.
                * Retired Festiva-er*
                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I've been busy learning "hands on" how to rebuild/hybrid turbos. Taking rusty old trubos apart without damage ain't easy. Getting the seal plate off a VJ-14 delicately is a MAJOR pain. I'm creating my own "pulling jig" to get the plate off.

I should have my VJ-14/17 hybrid pre-assembled tomorrow night. If it all fits hunky-dory I'll send the shaft and wheel off to be balanced.

I've painted up the engine block (hemi orange) to prepare it for assembly. I've recently added a ring filer, gap gages, ring squaring jig, metric tap/die set and engine scale to my tool arsenal. I'll need them all and many more to get the B6T rebuilt correctly. Engine building tools are NOT cheap...

Abe

P.S. anyone know a really good "shadetree" way of getting all the carbon buildup off a piston without hurting the piston?
                  Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

Soak them with some Berkebile 2+2 carb/tb cleaner, just put all four pistons in a bucket and spray until all 4 are submersed.... then let it sit for a while. If that doesn't do it, 3m makes these abrasive discs for air-powered polishers that look like they have a bunch of plastic fingers on them... they're designed to remove headgasket material from aluminum heads/blocks without damaging the metal, so they'd probably work for the really stuck on carbon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyJay1.8T
                      Soak them with some Berkebile 2+2 carb/tb cleaner, just put all four pistons in a bucket and spray until all 4 are submersed.... then let it sit for a while. If that doesn't do it, 3m makes these abrasive discs for air-powered polishers that look like they have a bunch of plastic fingers on them... they're designed to remove headgasket material from aluminum heads/blocks without damaging the metal, so they'd probably work for the really stuck on carbon as well.
                      Thanks, I'll look that stuff up.

Abe
                      Project B6T stalled. Waiting for inspiration or motiviation.

Comment

Still shopping for parts to set my engine and trans mounts.

Might have a move coming up next first year, oooh yea that's going to make a nice delay. Especially if I can't get a good garage in the deal
                        Rich Norman
                        5 Festivas:
                        1992 L - Daily Driver
                        1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                        1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                        1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                        1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

I went to pull apart the aspire brakes I got. Stripped both bolts holding the sway bar to the knuckles, had to drill em. Then I decided to work on the back for a bit. Tried pulling the shocks off the beam and the right shock mount torqued off and I am going to have to drill it too, then on the left shock mount the bushing sleeve is rusted solid to the bolt and the captive nut broke free before the bolt did so I'm going to have to cut/drill that one too and weld the nut back on.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

i just pulled the dash out of the 323. i just have to pull out the rest of the wiring, ECU, and the rest of what i think i need. i then have to chop the car in pieces and take it in trips to the scrap yard. it has no title and no one wants the shell of this crashed car. i can get rid of it this monday probably. then the exciting part, cleaning the garage, again! i hope to find all of my missing tools and parts i am looking for right now. then the festy is goin to role in and put on stands. i am very excited about this swap. but i am a little nervous about the wiring, there is alot more than i thought. i have to also splice the harness in for the stock festy tranny. and such. i am having alot of different feelings right now but the word to describe them the most is "butterflys." i hope to be pulling the festy motor mid next week!

Comment

I worked and worked all day, until I finally busted a nut. After that I went outside to work on my festiva. :lol:

Got my down pipe fabbed up. Pics soon. It's not Siamese, it's a merge type. No room for Siamese.

Comment

coming along

kind of hard to fit working on the festiva since the baby came, but I did talk on the phone to the guy doing my bodywork, to schedule a couple of work sessions, I think maybe 3 more before painting, as long as I can convince him it's a festiva an not a jag and I don't want the time invested in a concourse level paint job he is used to. I want to play with this damn thing!!! mechanically the car is good to go and has been for at least a year, I hate bodywork, takes forever even if you take it somewhere.
                                anyway hopefully will be driving around before the end of summer.
                                Chris Rummel

Comment

Working...
                                X