No announcement yet.

Rare Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was jk about shipping the whole car home. But I might have to slowly find parts and send them to my rents for safe keeping. Just need to learn enough german to find out were the salvage yards are.

Comment

• whoops, sorry Wolf, I hadn't noticed you're at bragg. If you get any orders over that way you'd be able to send stuff home I guess.
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by graywolf_14 View Post
        I was jk about shipping the whole car home. But I might have to slowly find parts and send them to my rents for safe keeping. Just need to learn enough german to find out were the salvage yards are.
        Wolf,if you do get sent overseas,we had a Ford Pickup sent to Italy and with the Military discount it was $700 one way,don't now what the regs would be to send a local car back.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
          whoops, sorry Wolf, I hadn't noticed you're at bragg. If you get any orders over that way you'd be able to send stuff home I guess.
          Originally posted by sc72 View Post
          Wolf,if you do get sent overseas,we had a Ford Pickup sent to Italy and with the Military discount it was $700 one way,don't now what the regs would be to send a local car back.
          I believe he is actually over seas now....just never changed his location...could be wrong though
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• bumperettes

You have to cut these out of a 92 Protege with a hacksaw. Two cuts (above and below the bumperette) + a small chisel from the side, is the only way to get them out in one piece.

To install them in the holes of the door frame, you have to first wind the window down and then pull the molding out of the corner. The hole goes right through, so that you can grab the tail of the bumperette.

I have them installed in both doors now.
            Very rare.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 06-14-2010, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Is an antenna delete plate rare? I got one the other day. Its sittin on my coffee table.
              Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
              Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
              Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• maybe

I have a couple of them. I wish there was a good spot on the Festiva to mount a 10 foot whip antenna. Unfortunately, there isn't and we all have to put up with that little antenna that hides in the A-pillar. I have never bothered to get the tray that takes the place of the radio.

Comment

• floor mats

Are these only available in Japan?

Has anyone been on ebay.co.jp?

How do you spell Festiva in Japanese?
                  Last edited by bravekozak; 07-24-2010, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Are these only available in Japan?

Has anyone been on ebay.co.jp?

How do you spell Festiva in Japanese?
                    I believe Brian has NEW ones in his garage....lol
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• locking glove box

I noticed in a Kia Pride NOS lockset, a lock for the glove box. Is a locking glovebox standard on Prides? or rare? All the for sale pictures do not show a lock beside the handle. Anyone know? Is there room in behind to drill a hole to the left of the handle in the front glove box cover?
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 10-19-2010, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• you sure do find some cool stuff. I dont get to look for much of anything anymore...sadly
                        Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Kia Pride lockset

I received the Pride lockset today.
                          The ignition switch is identical except for a ledge in the casting on the right hand side which I cannot find in the Pride shop manual. I do not know what screws in there or what is supported.

The glovebox lock is similar to the Festiva in function, but is slightly wider and does not fit the Festiva shell. Also the mounting holes are mirror images and opposite to the Festiva holes. The lock would have to be mounted to the right of the latch. I will have to buy a Pride glovebox and continue testing. Worst case scenario would require swapping handles between the locks.

Last edited by bravekozak; 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• The Mazda 323 had a similar lock set with glove box lock, but the door doesn't fit the Festiva.
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                              i got one of those :lol: :lol: i like it a lot better then the stock ones
                              also come in white ..

kia37 have it installed in is wagon picture nš17

if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

• Wow!

I just picked up a set of four studed winter tires with 80% tread (or so), ON ORIGINAL FESTIVA ALIMINUM WHEELS! (came with chains too)

Take a look at this link and see what they are charging for these! http://www.wheelcollision.com/fd012.htm

Or this one http://www.originalwheels.com/ford-w...va1990rims.php

Any guesses as to what I paid?

Here are the wheels!

Comment

Working...
                                X