So sad this forum is dying / dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sad this forum is dying / dead

I miss when this forum actually had new content. I hear facebook is more active, but I bailed out of that sh*t-storm platform long ago. I still daily drive my original Festy, so I do take comfort in that. :'(
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

I was on facebook almost a week before I realized it was not for me... I'm still here and here's hoping others will see the light and come back to where all their history is too.

Comment

My observation is that some Facebok groups are now used mostly for photo sharing. That's what people seem to enjoy. However there are usually over 100 people logged on to www.FordFestiva.com. I assume they are here looking for archived information, just not posting.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Yes, it's sad. This site's content must not be lost.

I've been driving Festies (and nothing else) since 2000 -- twenty-one years. The amount of $$$ (and inconvenience) I've saved by not having to own modern cars in my several locations and take them to $100+/hour car repair shops is incalculable!

I've been spending a lot of my COVID-era time in the Last Frontier, and haven't seen another Festy here during that time.

I've tried messing with FB as a feed-in to crowdfunding for a big (think 747) aviation project) and think FB's user interface is ghastly. I may just be dumb, but I don't see how you could structure the type and volume of content from FF.com on FB. As postulated above, it's for photo-sharing.

Long live FF.com!
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

It is sad. Worse part is i don't have facebook. So you always miss out on some information

Comment

As a newbie im sad to hear its dwindling. This website led me down a rabbit hole and led me to one of my favorite cars of all time.

Id like to think though that us members are like the cars we praise. Small, efficient, and will go forever.

Comment

I have not been able to log in smoothly or access the site properly since the last major program update.
              I wish we could go back a revision.
              I have to perform multiple logins and can't see the same info as before.

I took my Festiva out for a bomb along some of the country backroads.
              I am still holding on to it because I know gas prices are going to skyrocket.

My winter project will be to fabricate and install a strut brace.
              I will post my results in a related thread.
              I have to buy some modelling clay at the art shop to see how much hood clearance there is between the air cleaner and the hood.
              I will attempt to log in more frequently.

Comment

I’ve technically been a member for 4yrs when I joined after we inherited my late father-in-law’s ‘89 Festiva L, but this I literally only my second post. It’s just taken me this long to get serious about fixing up and improving our Festy.

Comment

Was just thinking this. Where have all the seniors gone (lol). Is advanced still around? Maxtiva, what about the two Russian members?
                  what ever became of the gold Festiva?
                  Fast....Women are fast
                  Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Was just thinking this. Where have all the seniors gone (lol). Is advanced still around? Maxtiva, what about the two Russian members?
                    what ever became of the gold Festiva?
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

I am eligle for an aarp card so i am seniorish

Comment

I am enjoying my hard earned, lifetime ban from the fb forum

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated this forum before the mass exodus.Took awhile to adjust to the fb forum and enjoy it.The last year i shared my views and opinions on what was in play in the world and earned a lifetime ban from it lol.

Comment

I'm still around and my Festivas are still taking up most of the shop.
                            sigpic
                            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

this place aint dying, IT'S DEAD, been gone several years and the diff is obvious
                              He said a bad word :nono:

1990 Festiva
                              1987 F-250 diesel-powered
                              1984 Ironhead Chopper
                              1999 Ducati Monster

Comment

Working...
                              X