Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your Festiva this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drove it out of the garage and worked a little on the interior.
    Feels so much nicer to drive it with seats instead of an upturned empty bucket!!!!

Comment

dynoed it, changed the exhaust camshaft, dynoed it, then weighed it
      formerly shorestiva
      93L: b6t with g25mr, srt4 intercooler, corksport downpipe, 2.5in exhaust, rocketchip ecu, 15psi, bbk 255 pump, fms springs, aspire swap,

89L: parts car

88 323 se: b6t swap, 2.5in exhaust

88 323 gt: parts car

Comment

Originally posted by boostiva
        dynoed it, changed the exhaust camshaft, dynoed it, then weighed it
        RESULTS!!!!
        Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
        http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
        My Garage Page:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Skeeter... did you just tie in the tops of the rear shocks? Don't you think you should tie in the towers?... I want to make one too, but haven't totally decided how to do it yet...
          Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
          http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
          My Garage Page:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

Just tracked down a weird rattle coming from the cargo area, I think it was just the spare tire not bolted down correctly.. we'll see when I drive it tomorrrow.

Hey Skeeters_Keeper......what wheels and tires do you have on your car? And a related question, is the suspension stock or the aspire conversion?
            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
            Mark S.

Comment

Finished body work on right f/fender./ Painted both outside door handles ( mirrors to follow)/ failed at tinting windows/
              This week I will install new LCA's and inner and outer tie rods(hopefully, cuz i bought the wrong ones EDIT:they are the wrong ones and will not work darn) new pads and final reassembly and then out to the shop to be aligned.
              Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Installed new speakers. Bolted on the roof rack. Switched over to summer tires, then gave it a big wet, sloppy kiss for giving me 45mpg...

My little carby!

Brenton
                Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I just replaced my snapped e-brake with a new one, and put on my new rear brake shoes with new spring kit from autozone.
                  Current
                  08 Mazda 6 wifes...01 volvo s40 1.9t wifes also...
                  92 mirage current putting in 4g63t...Shh im cheating on festiva's
                  97 rav4 awd 5 speed only 52k of ebay :)
                  ...to many cars :) just need another festiva now

Past,
                  91 Festiva sold/91 B6t Festiva sold/89 Festiva, sold/88 L Crashed :(
                  93 EGT 01 integra ls 07 ford freestyle 02 protege5 1999 Exploder sport
                  88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Picked up virtually new tires from the pick and pull, installed them. Thought I had a bad tie rod end due to massive steering shake and tire wear at 60mph but tracked down and fixed the problem which turned out to be a loose bolt on the steering column shaft where it meets the steering rack (under the big rubber boot). Changed the oil after running 3k miles with motor-rx flush. Degreased the engine and tested out the recommendation of no touch tire cleaner/shine as a cosmetic engine bay treatment - I am not convinced that it is worth the expense and/or good for the components, belts and hoses FWIW.
                    I'm going to come at you like a spider monkey!
                    White 1993 L plus, 5 speed - 47k miles
                    * Aspire brake swap, 14" Miata wheels & Tein coliover suspension

Comment

Originally posted by dahodges
                      Added a quart of oil again this week. But who hasn't.
                      Me. In the 300,000 + miles I've logged in Festivas, I have never had to add oil between oil changes.

As far as what I've done. I drove mine. And I need to put gas in it today.

Comment

Just drove it everyday ..and used it as a pick up truck .

But I did use it to haul home a new pre hung steel door and a new screen door , and some brick molding and 15 pieces of 10 ft. long interior trim .

I did get a bunch of looks and laughs with that , driving home with the hatch open and the doors hanging out the back . :lol:
                        ------------------------------------------------
                        The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                        Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                        HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                        Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                        Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                        Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                        Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                        90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                        It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Quad - I just tied in to the top of the struts. I've seen others do this, not sure what the pro's/cons are, but it only took me like 20mins to make. After a test drive i took it off b/c it was rattling somewhere in the rear, but it wasn't the bar, something is wrong on the drivers side rear, it sits lower than the right even though i have the adjustor's set at the same height. I think maybe the frame is bent a little there (was in a rear end accident sometime before i got it), so i'm going to adjust it up a little on that side when i have time and see if the rattle goes away.

Deathegg - i have stock aspire steel wheels (13") with 175/70/13 all seasons. Aspire brake swap, coilovers lowered about 1-1.25" in the front and raised about .25-.5" in the rear, when i cut the perches off the rear struts (i didn't want to do that till i was sure i was happy w/ the coilovers) i'll bring the rear down about an inch so it doesn't have as much of a stance.
                          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I haven't done anythign to mine in quite a while....i have just been buying new parts left and right. I really need a 60 gallon or more air compressor. My dads won't keep up with my new IR DA.
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                            ---------------------------------------------------
                            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

bought another one and hoping for 2 more which would bring the total to 6

Nate, where'd you get your coil adjusters? and what size/rate are those springs?
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Festy - everything (springs, bodys, KYB's) were bought on e-bay.

springs are 150/125lb, 10" long. i got the adjustors in a kit someone was selling for .01 +25 SH, i bougth the kit (with springs) just to use the adjustors, the springs that came w/ teh kit are 6" 500/400 springs.

I'll post a thread w/ pics and info sometime next week i hope when i have a lil more time.
                                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
                                X