No announcement yet.

Festiva spoiler on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an update: I received a reply from the seller on the 19th to my request that he end the auction early. He said he was just upset at the delay 'cause he needed the money to fix up his other car. He said he would end the auction early and ship me the spoiler. Another ebayer sent me a PM saying that he was also contacted by the seller and was told to send him a check (for $20 more than my winning bid) and he would sell it to him. I have no idea if this was before or after I was told by the seller he would end the auction, and I don't want to jump to conclusions. In any event, the other ebayer said he thought we were being scammed and said he was reporting it to the Ebay police. I don't want to blow things out of proportion; maybe since he is new at ebay he just doesn't understand how things work. Maybe he didn't know how to check his messages for the "payment sent" email, or maybe I didn't finish clicking all the right buttons. Although, I did get a copy of the payment confirmation on my private email and it showed cc'ing his email. I also can't tell if he actually ended the auction early like he said he would. I'll email him to see if he got the check and wait to see if/when he ships.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Even if I get taken, it has been well worth the money lost to see the support from those I've never met. Funny how a cheap, disposable car sold over a decade ago brings the best people together, and most of the guys on the Mustang/LS1/Honda sites spend their time arguing and insulting each other. This is by far THE BEST COMMUNITY on the internet! I'll keep you posted............
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I don't think he ended it early beacause I watched it till the end just out of curiosity of what it would sell for. It more than doubled in price in like the last 10 mins.
      ~Scott

1989 Festiva L EFI

2010 Toyota Prius

Comment

He sent me a message saying he DID end it end the auction but it Ebay says the idem sold. He is confused and says he wishes he never used Ebay in the first place. He also said that blkfordsedan would get the spoiler but he hasnt recieved the check yet. So I guess from here we just wait and see what happends. I think he will do the right thing unless he gets greedy. Who knows it all could just be a skam. I hope not though.
        Bob

Comment

Man I truly hope you dont get taken. Especially since it is ALOT of money.
          There is a moral to the story though.
          Never buy high dollar items on Ebay if the seller doesnt accept Paypal!

Good luck and keep us posted.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Latest update: Got an email from seller today stating he received the check. He found a box big enough to ship the spoiler in and says he'll ship out tomorrow. I really think he was on the level, just new and confused. I'll post when/if I receive the shipment...............
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I wanted to give a final update. I never did receive the spoiler from the seller. Tried several times to contact him but he did not reply. Filed a complaint against him with Ebay. Got a message from Ebay customer service this week that he was banned from Ebay indefinately, along with a free redeemable coupon for $200 towards any seller that accepts PayPal!!! Guess it turned out OK in the end. Thanks too all who helped!!!
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X