This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of FordFestiva.com

Well the last week here at FF.com has been extra stressful for me. I know some of you have followed a post that set my butt on fire, I wasn't happy with the ending. And I apologize to everyone for losing my head.
    And along with that there have been some other things happen here. What alot of you never see or know are the PM's, e-mails and phone calls I get on some matters.
    So I have had to ask myself if "this is all worth it"? Don't get me wrong, I love this site, the cars and the people. I have made so many friends That I would have never met otherwise. But I wonder if its time to pass the torch to someone else, I try to make this place the best it can be. But you can never please everyone. I take things real personal when there is a problem here.
    I don't know what I am going to do right now, but I have been going back in forth in my head as what to do................. Maybe I just need a break.

Check this out to http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...370#post181370
    Last edited by 25Horseplay; 11-17-2008, 10:18 PM.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Hey man,

All I can say is since DJ passed away you have done a really good job of keeping this site going, and taking care of the business end. I can't even imagine the stress this site puts on you. Hopefully everything works out for the best for you. I am sure there is someone that would be willing to take over for you, lets just hope he or she is as fair as you and DJ have been.

Logan

Comment

I appreciate what you have done here. I hope that if you do decide to pass it on you will keep your festivas. I like you, I like you in festivas. I am rooting for you and wish you the best in your tough decisions.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Brian,

I too just want to say how much I appreciate all your efforts in keeping this forum alive and safe. It has been a valuable assett for me in many ways. I think one of the things I especially appreciate is that I can be on this site with my younger children by my side and not worry that something will pop up that is not suitable for them to see. If something does show up that's not appropriate it is dealt with quickly and fairly.

Thank you!

Ian
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

WTF is going on.....he pm'd me last night that his phone was toast....tried calling him and it just goes to voicemail. I am at a loss right now....short of driving to his house I do not know what to do. I hope this thought passes....and soon!
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Brian I feel your pain,but I hope what ever you decide to do you'll still be a part of us.

Thanks for keeping this site alive after DJ's passing!

Will
            Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
            99 Dodge Caravan SE
            95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
            94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
            78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
            78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
            03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
            95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
            95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
            95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Take a step back. I realize thats hard when its your "baby". But sometimes you have to. This site can run itself pretty good. Youve got a good group of Admins and mods watching over it , who deal with situations as fairly as they can. Do they make mistakes? Sure, dont we all? But they all seem pretty quick to admit it when they do and attempt to rectify that mistake. You have ALOT of time invested in FF.com and to take some time off for yourself isnt being selfish. Its being real.
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Brian, meeting you was the best thing that came out of my love for Festiva's. I'm really glad to have met you and appreciate everything you have helped me with. I don't doubt it's probably extremely stressful. I think there would be a void on the site and with you if you did decide to leave. I think you just need a break, take a vacation for a while, we won't go anywhere. Get some extra mods while you're gone, I would volunteer for it. This place wouldn't be the same without you. You molded this place to what it is now, and it's a great community.
                Last edited by spiko; 11-18-2008, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                  WTF is going on.....he pm'd me last night that his phone was toast....tried calling him and it just goes to voicemail. I am at a loss right now....short of driving to his house I do not know what to do. I hope this thought passes....and soon!
                  His phone is broken, software-wise, but may be fixable. I passed some information to him and hopefully it will resolve the issue he's having.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo.... this site is to addicting.
                    93-1.6l
                    f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

Brian do whats best for you, but I truely hope you will reconsider. Heck, you dont even have 10,000 posts yet. You owe no one an apology. We owe you a big THANK YOU ! Besides if you sell out, we all will, and there will be such a big glut of festivas on ebay that none of us will get anything for them. We will all quit causing trouble and start behaving, I promise, please stick around ! This site is something special !!
                      Last edited by freshtiva; 11-18-2008, 02:09 AM.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Yes, I want to give you a big THANK YOU! I want to thank all of you actually. If it wasn't for this site and the many great people I have talked to on here, my Festiva would be a pile, ha. I'm the same way with people on the internet. I don't know why, but I take SO many things personally on internet sites. But you're doing a great thing here and would hate to see it go away b/c of a few people starting crap just because they're on the internet and don't have to back themselves up. Again, I can't say THANK YOU enough for all the help you and this site have given me.

Comment

Just bought a '93 Festiva and joined the Forum yesterday; I hope you'll take heart and keep providing this great resource to us.

I moderate several lists, and I can tell you that NO DECENT, CIVIL PEOPLE will give you a hard time, or trash the list, or cause trouble. Just zap them, get them off the list. Don't worry about them, don't lose sleep over them, don't worry about any "rights" they may claim they have. Block their Email addresses, don't even look at their whinings. They are a tiny minority and not worth the time.

This world, and the Festiva world, is full of nice people who just want to share information and experiences, without having to dominate or subdue others. Enjoy them!

I already appreciate your efforts and I've only been here a day!

Lannis

Comment

Brian - Inga picked you to run this site for a reason... Think about that!

If nothing else... Step away and take a break for a week or so... Go work on the Cobra or something. Then come back, realize that this is the intraweb and that you shouldn't take stuff personally that happens here!
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Brian guaging the response here you have to see that a lot of really good people here genuinely like, respect, admire, and appreciate you. I think leaving the festivas behind would leave a huge hole in yuor life. Like others have said please take care of yourself first. If you you have to pass the torch we will understand, but please stay here and keep your festivas!! We are all pulling for you.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X