X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian, you know me, I'll say it like it is;

Don't leave.
    Take a vacation for a bit, but don't leave.
    We like you.
    Alot.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I fear the demise of this site would mean the demise of a lot of festivas.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^Thats true, Fresh has about half of the US total cars sold. No one knows what might happen if he gets upset. We'll never know of ultra-rare options he's stashed like the radio with heated buttons, the intermittent wiper/turn signal/cruise control/sidewinder launch control stalk, or the adjustable speedo with recall feature ("Yes officer, I was doing 35") that was standard on the GLminus, the O+, and the LMNOP models.

Just remember the good times and friends we've all aquired on this site.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Say it ain't so

Agreed with the previous posters. You get some hosebags anywhere you go on the interweb these days. But I say if it's a matter of a) handing off/leaving the site or b) banning some ignorant people who just like ruffling people's feathers... I know which one I would pick. I know this site has provided me with tons of info, laughter and a place where I've found other people who glory in that which is the Festiva. I shall respect any decision you make, just don't make it hastily. Cheers.

Comment

Guys I think some are jumping the gun a bit. I think that Brian is a bit stressed over events that have transpired over the past week or so and feeling a bit frustrated over them. And in that frustration has kind of tossed up his arms. I think the best thing we as members can do is give the guy space. Let him sort things out and come to his own conclusion. I dont know him other than he owns the joint and in no way would/could I speak for him. Whatever decisions he comes to are going to be best for him, whether they are letting the site go to another person, letting the site die or continuing on in the best way he knows how to let it.
            Whatever decision he comes to in the end it has to be whats best for him and no one else.
            Lets let the man have some space for everyones sake, especially his.
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Did anyone else notice that Brian's car was the #1 Festiva on Cardomain today!?!?! That should be some encouragement
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Well, I will sound a lot like everyone but if you need some time off or to give some responsabilities to others, do so, we'll wait and/or help. Since the lost of DJ, you took this site in very good hands.

Like everybody says, we owe you a big THANK YOU and we'll respect whatever decision you're gonna take.

This site is a gold mine, and you're an extraordinary gold digger
                Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

I would like to echo the sentiments posted here so far...a web forum such as this can be seen as a reflection of the people running it. I must say that I have been very impressed in my relatively short time here with the efficiency and accuracy with which this site is run....that speaks well of everyone involved, especially the admins and moderators. It sounds weird to say, but if there is anything we, as the forum members, can do to help you, Brian, please let us know. I have a forum like this one, albeit WAY smaller, and I know it can be a PITA...you obviously love what you do here, and we all certainly appreciate your efforts. Thank You!
                  1989 Red L- The Baron
                  www.letstalkbeatles.com
                  Link to Baron Pics:
                  http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                  1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Brian,

My aunt would say: "Don't let the ******** get you down" Actually, she knew the saying in latin and those are words to live by.

Edit: sorry about the language... probably why my aunt would use latin, she was definitely not the swearing type

My dream http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17983 was a premonition:
                    to come back here to tell you just what a great site FF.com is and the good work that the admins and mods do.

Although I never met any of you personally, I feel like I know many of you. This site has given much to me and has much to give to it's members.
                    Last edited by HappyMom; 11-19-2008, 08:37 AM. Reason: I apologise for not following laguage rule
                    I will NOT drive a minivan

Comment

Illegitimi non carborundum is the Latin version of what Happymom said...and they are words to live by. I've been there Brian...take a vacation, clear your head, and do whatever you need to do. We're all behind you in whatever choice you make.

Be well,
                      Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                      '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                      '68 Mustang Coupe
                      '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

hang in there man! we love you and this site! like has been said before, who cares what a few people think about you? a whole bunch of people love this site and the way you run it! you do a great job and have done since dj passed away. i would be very sad to see this site go. i love it and the people i've met here. thanks for all you do. let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out!
                        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Love the site, keep up the good fight!
                          1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
                          1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
                          1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
                          1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
                          1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
                          1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
                          1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

what was the thread that lit your butt on fire?
                            92 Festiva - 1.3L 5sp work in progress DD
                            87 MJ - 4.0L AX-15 231 Dual 44's with Detroits and 4.56's TnT Long-Arms and 35x12.5 Claws

Comment

Take a break... Don't end everything over some silly trivial arguments. The site has deafinatally improved under you. Keep up the good work!
                              89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                              RIP 90LX

Comment

i havent been around here long (been a member for a little over a year but only heavily in the past month since i bought my first festy). anyway, i just wanted to say that if it werent for this site (and you) these cars would probably be piling up in junk yards and many of us wouldnt have the love for them that we do.

i, like many others, have no idea what kind of work this really takes and how difficult it must be at times. ive seen boards come and go and i truly hope that this one stays around and am here to help make that a reality if possible. even if you just need someone to vent to, drop me a line.

im here to help if i can.

Comment

Working...
                                X