No announcement yet.

Possibly the end of my Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not 100% sure, but it should be around the $2,600AUD mark. but the car owes me around $3,600AUD.

i can't really hypothesize about the cost of not putting a claim, because then i would have had to pay for the damage done to the vehicle that dad ran into and that probably would have been more than what my car is worth.

it is a shame nonetheless. it was a very tidy little car and i sure will miss it.
    Last edited by Unco; 01-22-2009, 10:20 PM.
    1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

Well thats decent compensation. The insurance value of a festiva in the states would probably be around $500.00
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thats a shame

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          Thats a shame
          I Agree
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Never heard of an insurance company denying you your right to buy the car back. Odd. Did you have reciepts for all the work and parts you did? You should submit that...my insurance company pays you for stuff like that...even if you buy the car back. So sorry, it looked so fixable!

Comment

Sorry deal...sure is a sweet looking ride!

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
              Never heard of an insurance company denying you your right to buy the car back. Odd. Did you have reciepts for all the work and parts you did? You should submit that...my insurance company pays you for stuff like that...even if you buy the car back. So sorry, it looked so fixable!
              PA laws use to be that way....they could total you vehicle and take it off the road....the laws have since changed.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Sucks... Hate to see you go.. look for a new fester

I agree, I would have never gone to the insurance. I smoked a deer with my car that would have totaled my car 63 times in the eyes of the insurance broker. I cut off my damaged 1/4 and welded it back together & painted within a week.
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

If it was unsafe that is one thing...this car is not unsafe! So unfair! I would fight for my car!!! If it meant renigging payment from insurance I would keep it and pay out of my own pocket. Those insurance guys are so unfair...don't they know how hard it is to find such a car and then all the work he did to it? I would tell them to find me one just like it and then let me take off all the stuff I did and only then give it to them. I would take EVERYTHING off of it and give them a shell! Makes me mad and it is not even MY car!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                    If it was unsafe that is one thing...this car is not unsafe! So unfair! I would fight for my car!!! If it meant renigging payment from insurance I would keep it and pay out of my own pocket. Those insurance guys are so unfair...don't they know how hard it is to find such a car and then all the work he did to it? I would tell them to find me one just like it and then let me take off all the stuff I did and only then give it to them. I would take EVERYTHING off of it and give them a shell! Makes me mad and it is not even MY car!
                    my thoughts exactly, but it's not going to get me anywhere. it's in their product disclosure statement that the wreck becomes their property in the event of a total loss.

it's weird, because it depends on what type of cover you have as for whether they keep the wreck or not.

and what's even weirder is: with "third party property" (i think they call it collision in the US), the owner keeps the wreck, but with the most expensive "comprehensive" cover, the insurer keeps the wreck. makes no sense to me, but it's all written in the contract.
                    1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                      Sucks... Hate to see you go.. look for a new fester

I agree, I would have never gone to the insurance. I smoked a deer with my car that would have totaled my car 63 times in the eyes of the insurance broker. I cut off my damaged 1/4 and welded it back together & painted within a week.
                      again, dad did not hit a deer. he hit another car, and he was at fault, so there are repair costs to consider for the other party, not just my car.
                      1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

Would you condsider parting it out?
                        -Josh R

Comment

Originally posted by 91blufestiva View Post
                          Would you condsider parting it out?
                          hi 91blufestiva,

love the work you've done with your festiva, but i can't resist this:

please read thread, then ask questions... not the other way around.

sorry mate, but if you had done that, you would have known that the car is no longer mine. it now belongs to my insurance company. therefore how can i part it out?
                          1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

O, I'm sorry, I don't really like reading too much, sorry bout that.
                            -Josh R

Comment

hehehe, no probs mate, it's just a bit of a touchy subject for me at the moment, as i'm sure you can appreciate. sorry about the smart arse reply.
                              1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Festiva, I would be pretty mad too if that happened to me. I'm not offended by your remark, I deserved it.
                                -Josh R

Comment

Working...
                                X