Possibly the end of my Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    Well thats decent compensation. The insurance value of a festiva in the states would probably be around $500.00
    yeah, it is decent i guess. the assessor showed me the values for an average car and an excellent condition car. the average car was $2,600 and the excellent condition was $3,500. considering there were a couple of small dents on mine and a few stains on the back seat, it could not be classed as an excellent condition vehicle. so they will try to get the average value for me, despite the low mileage on mine (40,000Km below average).

as for the new tyres, new front struts, new radiator, new a/c receiver/dryer and gas, new stereo, new central locking, new driver's seatbelt, new cv boots that i have got all in the last 6 months, the insurance company sees all these as "regular serviceable items" and therefore they have no impact on the value of the car.
    1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

They would if THEY paid for the work!!! As for it having a few dents and stains...what car that age wouldn't??? Let me at em!!! I'm gonna break my chain shortly! LOL

Comment

Well thats decent compensation. The insurance value of a festiva in the states would probably be around $500.00
        Not entirely the case....
        when I was hit in my sport, the insurance company said blue book was around $1,500 if I remember correctly. But they nit pic it down of course. But if you got in an accident Fresh...they would not be able to do that with your cars and you would come out pretty good. And here in the states, at least Ohio, you can buy it back.
        Everybody keeps saying he should fight them but he is not here guys...I am sure they do things differently down under.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^ Ive never had any thing but the most basic liability insurance on any car. Just enough to be legal. Fortunately Ive never been involved in an accident. (Knock on Wood ) I could probably buy several new cars on the $ Ive saved over full coverage insurance during the last 20 years.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^ Ive never had any thing but the most basic liability insurance on any car. Just enough to be legal. Fortunately Ive never been involved in an accident. (Knock on Wood ) I could probably buy several new cars on the $ Ive saved over full coverage insurance during the last 20 years.
            i hear ya. i used to think the same when i was younger and insurance premiums were so high because of my age. these days, because of the good driving/insurance rating i have accumulated over the years, i get the best possible deal, so i don't mind paying the extra $200 a year to get full cover on my cars. this also allows me to get the claim-free windscreen option since we do a bit of country driving.
            1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

oh, and sorry to everyone that has PM'ed me in the last week or so looking for parts.

i was not ignoring you, i simply didn't notice that i had new messages until this morning. LOL.

sounds like those corner lights are in high demand (yes, you're not the only one that asked for them).

as i've mentioned, the car does not belong to me anymore and i have no access to it. i will however, keep your requests in mind next time i'm at the wrecking yard. i'm sure i'll be able to find a few sets of corner lights.

as for my next ride, i have just got off the phone to a fellow in Wondai (about 3.5 hours west of Brisbane) who is selling a 1978 Ford Falcon, unfortunately he is a man of his word and he has already agreed to show the car to a guy that called him before me and so he is not going to show it to me until and if the other guy doesn't show up next Thursday.

i so want that car, it's a 250ci (4.1L) straight 6 with a factory special country pack. this car would be perfect for me and they are extremely rare these days. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the other guy won't show up.

but i digress...
              1977 Ford LTD 5.8L

Comment

Aussie Falcons are so cool! Let us know if you get it!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

What does a 78 Falcon look like???

Comment

Kinda looks like the Madmax car. Here's one http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...G%26ie%3DUTF-8
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Looks like a cross between a 70 Torino fastback and a 76 Capri!!!

Comment

Yes AU Falcon are sweet. Hot motors. Even the straight 6's had performace stuff. I'd love to have a Pursuit 200 for my Econo. If you're going old school, check out this Mazda 121 of the same vintage. Not the best pics, but I personally think the look is sharp. Plus is a ragtop. Might be a drag in the cold months. What are you winters like down there?

Last edited by David88; 01-23-2009, 07:55 PM.
                        '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                        '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                        '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                        '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                        '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

I think that was our Cosmo??? We did not get a covertible.

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
                            Yes AU Falcon are sweet. Hot motors. Even the straight 6's had performace stuff. I'd love to have a Pursuit 200 for my Econo.
                            check out www.fordsix.com

you wouldn't believe what's available for the 144/170/200/250 I6s now....!!!!!

Mike at Classic Inlines and fordsix.com is a great guy, and has serious dedication to these engines.

By the way, I don't think the Pursuit would fit in a first gen Econo without serious work to the intake. The side flow 2V intake hits the right side of the engine cover, and the crossflow engine has the same problem on the left side.
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

hey UNCO, if you get a Falcon, look these guys up;

great blokes to deal with. Only took six days to get my order to the east coast of the US!!! That's faster than I get stuff from less than 500 miles away!!!!!

and for those that don't know what a 1978 XC Falcon looks like;
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Oh, and if you happen upon a set of Globe alloy wheels you'd be willing to sell me...
                                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                                X