Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think the rusty hood is a good look ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plenty of burned hoods in Iran
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
      Plenty of burned hoods in Iran
      group buy?

Comment

In answer to the original question... No. Actually, hell no. No idea why you would want to hasten the onset of rust any faster than needed. Might not be terrible on an old rat rod, but still, hell no.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^ Hey, some people like to paint bats on their hoods, some like to promote rust on their hoods. To each their own.
          I think if he keeps it slammed and rat-rod looking, the rusted hood may not look too bad.
          Oscar

Comment

I don't like it.
            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Sweet! If rusty hoods are the next big craze, I'm gonna make a fortune!!!! :mrgreen:
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                Sweet! If rusty hoods are the next big craze, I'm gonna make a fortune!!!! :mrgreen:
                We can do mine first! For some reason I like it on some cars. It would look cool on a rat rod festy
                "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

^^ I refuse to do that to your car. And if you do it to that beautiful ride of yours then you are no longer in our club and you have to give us back the decoder ring :p

I was just talking about the pile of rusty hoods I have laying around...LOL

Now, if you want to get a second Festy and do it old skool rat rod style....we're the guys you need to be hanging out with :mrgreen:

This will be our next rat rod project
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                    ^ Hey, some people like to paint bats on their hoods, some like to promote rust on their hoods. To each their own.
                    I think if he keeps it slammed and rat-rod looking, the rusted hood may not look too bad.
                    I'm not telling anyone to do, or not to do anything. The original question was do we think they look good. No, I do not. If you, or anyone else does, I say go for it. If you like it, and want to do it, do it. I'm sure if I had come on here and said I'm thinking about painting yellow bats on my black festiva, no one would have liked it. Wouldn't have stopped me from doing it.

I was just answering the question asked by the OP. That is all.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

OT..Cubstiva, I love your theme, that's an awesome paint job!
                      And I thought I was cool with a cubs bumper sticker on mine in San Fran
                      John

91L 5-speed, RIP
                      89L 4-speed, teal/white
                      http://johnriederer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                        I'm not telling anyone to do, or not to do anything. The original question was do we think they look good. No, I do not. If you, or anyone else does, I say go for it. If you like it, and want to do it, do it. I'm sure if I had come on here and said I'm thinking about painting yellow bats on my black festiva, no one would have liked it. Wouldn't have stopped me from doing it.

I was just answering the question asked by the OP. That is all.
                        LOL, I guess I didn't think about that since the original questions was asked over a year ago. But it is true, what looks good to me can very easily look like poop to someone else.
                        Oscar

Comment

Honestly, to me, it just makes the car look unfinished. Or worse, someone actively hating their car.

"I punishes you, you no longer my precious" type sort of thing. Maybe because I've seen too many abandoned vehicles in fields looking like that.

There's a couple of hoods there that looked like they got "hit" by a sick animal.. ummm, ejecting effluent.

Thinking.. no, can't say that I'm a fan of this style...
                          Carz:
                          '09 Ford F-150
                          '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
                          '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
                          225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
                          ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                            ^^ I refuse to do that to your car. And if you do it to that beautiful ride of yours then you are no longer in our club and you have to give us back the decoder ring :p

I was just talking about the pile of rusty hoods I have laying around...LOL

Now, if you want to get a second Festy and do it old skool rat rod style....we're the guys you need to be hanging out with :mrgreen:

This will be our next rat rod project
                            No way I'm giving up the decoder ring
                            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

If rust is cool, then I'm glad I'm not.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I dunno....on some older cars, i think it looks cool but i also think 99.999% of the general public isn't looking at it like it's trendy or it's a ratrod kind of deal, they're thinking "why does that nice looking car with the expensive rims have a rusted hood?". A buddy of mine built up an old Beetle and did the whole car...it looked pretty cool. I have a closet love for ratrods though so maybe that's why i like it.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X