Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think your Festiva(s) is/are worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think your Festiva(s) is/are worth?

Just wondering what you think your Festiva would be worth if you sold it today? I know you can't put a price on sentimental value but what do you think would be a fair market value? And why?

Personally I'd be happy to get around $750-$850 for mine. We bought it for $1000 about a year and a half ago and have put on about 45,000kms. In that time we cleaned it up and got it looking pretty good.

But we also hit a deer and still have a bent up hood, the hatch is starting to rust pretty well under the window seal and its got the usual rot at the rear of the rockers.

The tiny cash value is probably one of the reasons I'll never sell it unless something catastrophic happened.

So what price would you put on your festiva?

$3000 for each of my 2. The BPT because of the cost of the engine and trans plus the work to install it. The BP car because of the amount of work I put into it. It needs nothing and is as clean as new. Both cars are rust free, aspire swaps, miata wheels, newer tires, nice interiors, custom exhaust and both are well maintained.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

id let my 91 gl 5speed go for $1000 not a penny less. id be happy with $800 each for my 88's.

the 91 being efi and the extra features (rear defrost, rear wiper, painted bumpers, ect ect ect) would make it worth the few extra bucks.
      88 mustang 427 stroker garrett t-76 turbo best run 8.86@ 151.56

91 red gl festiva the $50 daily driver <--toast
      WANTED 78-80 FORD FIESTA (PREF GHIA)

Comment

('88 L+, carb, 4-speed, 205k)......$500 maximum,,,,probably more like $300. (due to structural rust issues) Would love to find a non-rusty Festy!!
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Priceless..to me. I dont think of them in monetary terms. They have feeling you know.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I can't put down on paper what I think they are worth... or how much I have invested and keep investing because if my wife ever found out she would kill me.... haha..
            90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
            BEFORE AFTER

Comment

priceless

I am the original

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                Priceless..to me. I dont think of them in monetary terms. They have feeling you know.
                Yup, I'm pretty sure i paid 600? for mine. That sucker!!!!!

Seriously, It's my baby, How can you put a price on family?

Comment

I have 3 and really if I would sell one and it would not go under $1500.00.That is IF I would put a price on one.

Comment

well I'd probably never sell, but since you said fair market value, the average offer on mine (from 5 different people who knew it was an automatic) has been $900 so far (for a less than perfect conditionm 90 L+). Average offer from over half a dozen different people who thought it was a 5 speed has been around $1200... would I sell for that? Not unless it was the only was I could keep my house. If I had to I COULD find another festiva, I'll never find another deal like this on another house like this.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I've got $2K in mine plus a good hard month of work so I know I can't get enough for it but if I did get what I needed for mine it would probably set a record.

I spent that money and time on it and have accumulated pleny of backup parts because I plan on driving it until we run out of petroleum, by then the electro conversions should be pretty well perfected.
                      1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
                      1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
                      1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
                      FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

I can't put a price to mine either, but most of my costs is in my labor. I'd be happy to get 2200-2400 out of my BP one when i finish her up. I have brand new everything lying in the garage to go on her...

My white one is going to be my test mule for different engine platforms.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Makes you wonder what might happen if we were hit by another vehicle and totaled. I'm sure the other insurance company would want to hand over a check for a grand and say "see ya". Anybody know of where to go to get a good, fair and certified appraisal of our cars in case of such an event?
                          1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
                          1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
                          1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
                          FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                            well I'd probably never sell, but since you said fair market value, the average offer on mine (from 5 different people who knew it was an automatic) has been $900 so far (for a less than perfect conditionm 90 L+). Average offer from over half a dozen different people who thought it was a 5 speed has been around $1200... would I sell for that? Not unless it was the only was I could keep my house. If I had to I COULD find another festiva, I'll never find another deal like this on another house like this.
                            Originally posted by collegeboi View Post

Seriously, It's my baby, How can you put a price on family?
                            I think these sum it up pretty good for me.
                            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                            - Unknown
                            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I talked to my insurance man about that a couple of weeks ago. He said that if the car is really in exceptional condition that they would take a look at it and reappraise it if it is warranted. I dont think they care so much as long as you are willing to pay the larger premium to cover it.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X