Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think your Festiva(s) is/are worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shawnw View Post
    Just wondering what you think your Festiva would be worth if you sold it today? I know you can't put a price on sentimental value but what do you think would be a fair market value? And why?

Personally I'd be happy to get around $750-$850 for mine. We bought it for $1000 about a year and a half ago and have put on about 45,000kms. In that time we cleaned it up and got it looking pretty good.

But we also hit a deer and still have a bent up hood, the hatch is starting to rust pretty well under the window seal and its got the usual rot at the rear of the rockers.

The tiny cash value is probably one of the reasons I'll never sell it unless something catastrophic happened.

So what price would you put on your festiva?

Shawn -- I have a similar situation as yours...have 2 parts cars from being hit in the front end...one real bad !
    But when you see good doors, hatchback, interior items, steel wheels, little this and that stuff....I like them because my wife still drives a '90 L Plus my father bought new, for around $5,000. So, hence, my excuse for so called "parts cars"

Trouble is, it does not stop just there....hmmmm.........

A 4'th white 1988 LX I just got from a deer hit in the front, but I think I can salvage to make roadworthy. This '88 LX has the brown interior in excellent shape, and I am hoping a local body shop bunch I know well, will help me pull out the front a bit, get things true, and piece together to re-furbish enough to make it decent.

I think they are great drivers for commuting and saving gas costs, so I just take a natural interest in them all, even though I suppose here in the west, they might only bring $500 to maybe a thousand or so. If you are lucky ?

Lots better for the money, than just a motorcycle cost, in my opinion. And, I can drive mine all year around -

Oh yeah , I need a hood or 2 also - HA !

Comment

I also buy and sell Geo metros. My opinion is, metros are over-rated and over-priced, but I always enjoy making the profit. Festys on the other hand are under-rated and under-priced much of the time...but I always enjoy buying them for less...

Overall, when people start paying attention to MPG, they think hybrid and metro...festivas have more of a cult following.

Brenton -- I think that pretty much sums it up. People with these hybrid cars seem to think they are making a great buy just to save fuel costs, but for running around commuting, Festivas the only way to go. Some day maybe a little runabout will appear that is practical and quick to drive, but then the purchase prices could be a wee much !

:disgust:

Comment

Working...
      X