Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think your Festiva(s) is/are worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, if you're talking about your own comprehensive. I'm talking about the other guy's insurance, should they be at fault. I haven't carried anything but liability on my cars in over 10 years.
    1992 Flamestiva with matching Festrailer
    1994 Mercury Capri XR2 turbo
    1992 Aerostar "Hot Wheels" custom
    FoMoCo toy car collector for 20 years

Comment

Simply Priceless.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

They seem to be partially linked to gas prices. I sold a 93L with 90K, rust free Cal. car for $3000, but gas was astronomical then.

I wouldn't sell a good running rust free for anything under $1400 unless it was to a member and/or friend.

FX
        Because....45 MPG.

Comment

i would sell my 91 gl with funtop for $1k no prob. i like it but i seriously have to many projects and next to no $$.

Comment

Before the swap. $600...what I paid for it. After my swap maybe if I'm lucky $1200, but more like $1000. The swap was expensive, but I can't expect to get it all back. The car really does hold a priceless value to me.
            "If you're not first you're last!" -Ricky Bobby

-91L "Oliver" Now B6DE swapped with an ATX Capri ECU on a MTX!!!!
            The little Festy that could...and did!
            (Gone on to a new life)
            -90 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer

Comment

Understanding the question a little better.

I paid $150 for my 89 4-spd (quickly converted to a 5-spd) with only 120K (rust free Idaho car) the title being long gone was most of that deal. I've sense put 60K on it, and made thousands of dollars with it by hauling parts, travelling here and there for "work" etc. The way it looks, I doubt I could get $500 bucks for it.

I also buy and sell Geo metros. My opinion is, metros are over-rated and over-priced, but I always enjoy making the profit. Festys on the other hand are under-rated and under-priced much of the time...but I always enjoy buying them for less...

Overall, when people start paying attention to MPG, they think hybrid and metro...festivas have more of a cult following.

FX
              Because....45 MPG.

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                i would sell my 91 gl with funtop for $1k no prob. i like it but i seriously have to many projects and next to no $$.
                Is it an auto? Might be interested.
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

Did someone say funtop?...
                  Because....45 MPG.

Comment

I think given todays financial position - I 'may' get 15k AUD for it.
                    I bought it near new for 11k, and invested ???. It is currently insured for 30,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
                      Is it an auto? Might be interested.
                      sorry she's a 5 speed

Comment

i'd let it go for 2k or more if the gas prices skyrocket. but what its really worth probably $1000
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
                        Paulbarrera12.com
                        Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Cherry Bomb would be about $750. Silver Bullet, once completed, would be around $1500-2000.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
                          88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
                          88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
                          06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

93' L- ~I'd say about $500-$700 after I put in the new transmission
                            90' POC ~Probably $100-$200 or whatever I can get for scrap(body damage and rust).
                            89' LX....hmmm...I wouldn't sell it, but I could probably get about $1000~$1500
                            89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

i got mines for 300 lol and would sell it for more then 1k because i did so much to it painted it ,and did so much kool things to it and the mileage is very low is 92k miles and it gives me about 45 to 55 miles a gallon

Comment

I sold the blue 93 L with no air and only 99K for $1500 a few months ago. It had one dent left front fender and NO rust or accident history. It had a split sem on the driver's seat where the cloth joined the vinyl. That is about what I paid for it a few months prior. The guy who got it said it is doing great...no problems. And he siad it is getting 45 mpg average. Gas is going up quick...guess who the sucker was! ME! Oh...I forgot...he DID have to balance the tires to correct a shimmy over 55 mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X