No announcement yet.

This is why kids street race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hypocrite or not there is NO WAY you can justify street racing...i dont care if there is a million people on the ricer sites that think its ok, its not.

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

if you say so, then i guess its not ;-)

Comment

so why exactly would you put a BP/B6/anything bigger than stock engine in your festiva? if your not planning on driving fast, why are there so many "big engine" street cars on here? not that i'm all for street racing, i also have plenty of misgivings about it, especially in town, but just a question... i know if i had a BP or whatever, it would definitely make me drive faster. just for the sheer fun of it. so why?
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

lol....(i see this going to the arena!!) im not one of those shun for life people if you dont agree. but that is my opinion on the matter. i also am not gonna say ive never done it. but i gave it up some time ago. i may step on it a bit from a light but when the speed limit is hit i shut er down. but you can get away with that with a fester, dont really get bent out of shape with 63 hp!! and usually its just keeping up with traffic! haha.

-Scott
          Aqua 93 L
          Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
          White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I see 2 different things being mixed here.
            A bit of playing around vs. actual street racing.
            A quick run up to 60-70 and back off or a light to light jaunt is way way different than any street racing I have been around.
            The drags I have seen around here on the street are well organized and the slower cars are in the 11 sec range, if they are racing they run slicks period. These are in no way shape or form a legal street car. Some even get trailered to the race location.
            The guys that "street race" on the the highway/interstate are doing a rolling start usually from 60-80mph and racing from there, the vipers, mustangs, vettes etc are easily pushing into the 150mph+ range. Blowers,turbos, nitrous are all a common site.
            Check out the vette and viper on ricekillers.com a couple of bad rides.
            The above is an example of street racing, there is no way anyone can say that it is safe or should be legal anywhere other than on a track.
            A civic wanna be with big wheels and a chrome tip talkin smack is not a street racer, they push standard equipment way to far with out knowing what they are doing and end up hurting themselves or someone else. Damn near daily we see it on the news or in the papers.
            Last edited by econoaddict; 03-31-2009, 09:51 PM.
            Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
            1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

By street race I mean any time you're pushing yourself or your car anywhere near its limits. The problem is that street racers have to find those limits on the street, where it isn't safe. They've got to find the limitations on parts on the street, where it isn't safe. And the attitude that they refuse to pay $200/day for a race shows up in their vehicle preparation, which ends up being not safe.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

Originally posted by turqfest View Post
                The first mistake a good driver makes is believing that he/she is a good one. Nothing is certain in life - including life!
                So very true!! when i first got my license i thought "nothing will happen" and 3 weeks later i wrecked a car

festiva + curb = bent frame

there are 2 drag strips local to me and there only like $20 to race, so from time to time me and a group friends will go race
                Last edited by Damkid; 04-01-2009, 03:44 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                X