No announcement yet.

Installed int. wipers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you need a steering wheel puller though?

Comment

no... i found the best way is to pull and push side to side... that takes it off...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^^ I've pulled two in the last couple of weeks, never used a puller. Might have made it easier, can't say for sure.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Sounds good to me!

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
            no... i found the best way is to pull and push side to side... that takes it off...
            That's what I do, rock it side to side a bit, then pull it right off. Wouldn't know what it would be like to actually have all the tools needed for the job.:p

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
              That's what I do, rock it side to side a bit, then pull it right off. Wouldn't know what it would be like to actually have all the tools needed for the job.:p
              when it comes to the wheel...I think it would just make it take longer to get it off. Undo the nut and wiggle and pull it at the same time and it is right off.
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                lol...ya...when I changed the steering wheel in my ol' F250 I couldn't get the wheel off so I rigged up a steering wheel puller using 3 big bolt and drilling holes in a steel plate. It worked! lol Nice to hear these wheels aren't as stubborn though!

Comment

will the delay system out of an 88 323 GT work? it looks to be the same stuff
                  A nice car is like another mans woman, you can look but do not touch!

91 civic h/b built and boosted a6/z6 and wagovan real time 4wd conversion
                  68 plymouth barracuda fast back 4spd (summer car)
                  91 L (RIP)
                  65 plymouth sport fury 2dr convertible 440 (SOLD)
                  63 plymouth valiant 2 dr sedan (SOLD)
                  93 dodge dakota 5.2L 4x4 (SOLD)
                  86 Ranger 2.9L 4x4 with 4inch lift (SOLD)

AND I WISH I STILL HAD THEM ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzy16 View Post
                    will the delay system out of an 88 323 GT work? it looks to be the same stuff
                    It should.
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Working...
                    X