Festiva Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Crash

My poor Festiva, got all beat up. I was driving to work, coming up to a light that had just turned green, going about 20 mph, and the Explorer that was in front of me suddenly, swerved across the solid white line, and there was a totally stopped 95 4 door accord in the road. Obviously I couldn't see it be cause the big explorer was in front of me to the last second. I rear ended the accord and then a 05 altima rear ended me.
    The accord didn't even get messed up at all, it doesn't even look like it got hit, I probably hit it around 5 mph. But the altima did get messed up. And then the police had me write a statement and give it back to them which i did. And the the "nice" officer came to me and handed me a citation for following to closely, and I asked him " why are you giving me a citations?" and then he cut me off and said " fine instead of a citation for following to closely which is one pint off of your license i will change it to Careless driving which will be six points!" I then said nothing more because i could tell what king of person he was... So he scribbled out following to close, and wrote careless, and the he scribbled out my original fine of 89.00 and left it blank." which i guess means i owe nothing?" he also left the description that her wrote about following to close on the citation. and he also said that I was under 16, and the my eyes where brn, only they are blue. and im 24. and anybody can read what he scribbled out "smart officer"
    So do you guys thing that I will get this ticket, or is there to many mistakes on the cations and it will be thrown out the window?, Oh and I will probably parting out my car, but not till after the insurance tells me if it is totaled or not.
    Last edited by ivsito; 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Current
    08 Mazda 6 wifes...01 volvo s40 1.9t wifes also...
    92 mirage current putting in 4g63t...Shh im cheating on festiva's
    97 rav4 awd 5 speed only 52k of ebay :)
    ...to many cars :) just need another festiva now

Past,
    91 Festiva sold/91 B6t Festiva sold/89 Festiva, sold/88 L Crashed :(
    93 EGT 01 integra ls 07 ford freestyle 02 protege5 1999 Exploder sport
    88 camry alltrac,

Bummer............could have been worse.......call the dmv and ask about that ticket!
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

That sucks.... I would fight that ticket if I were you. Check the dates and times close too. If the date or time was incorrect, I believe that is an automatic dismissal...
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I'd say, let the insurance total it, then buy it back and get it fixed.
        www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
        www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
        Snoopy's
        4621 Atlantic Ave
        Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I got a copy of the accident report, The dates is right and the time of the ticket is is at 14:55. the accident was at 14:20 and tho officers arrived at 14:24... Do you think that that is considered the wrong time?
          Current

Past,
          88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Request a court date and dispute it in court. You have a chance of it being dismissed and the most the judge could do is find you guilty which would be the same if you just pay the citation. If you just pay the citation and don't take it to court then you're admiting your guilt. In Maryland police officers have upto one year to charge a person with a traffic offense.
            Last edited by angrygocart; 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Insurance has gotten strange. Just for the heck of it, you should get everybody's insurance company info. Then take your car to a body shop for a bid. Sometimes it is worked out between insurance co's and the body shop guy.

Anyway, go see the judge. consider getting a lawyer, esp. if you have a cousin vinny that will give you a discount. Moving violation with damage will screw up your insurance for 3 years at the least. GO SEE THE JUDGE.

Good luck.

Oh, and according to the letter of the law, most everybody is following too close.

Comment

what a bummer looked like a nice car. That kind of thing sorta happened to me once before, not exactly the same, but same principle. eventually somebody in the chain ends up with a damaged car because each persons reaction time adds up... Also on i side note i cant tel you how many times i have walked into a short pole or fire hydrant because my friend in front of me (blocking the object) moved out of the way at the last second and i walked into it lol. I agree with the others, go and fight the ticket, i bet you will win.

good luck

Comment

I have a court date for Oct the 8th, Thanks for the info everyone. Especially Eurotiva, I called the DMV and told them what happened to my ticket, they said that it is invalid and will be waived in court.!!!!
                  Current

Past,
                  88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Sorry to hear that, but follow up on the court. If the Ins. co. fixes it Great!! If they don't and you get it back, I need a good drivers door.
                    Chuck
                    Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
                    If money will fix it, it's not broken
                    91 GL -Ol' Rusty
                    93 GL - Lil Red
                    91 L - Tweetystiva
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
                    http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

I was thinking some more about this. You got nearly stopped before you hit the car in front of you. The car behind you then smacked you and pushed you into the front car some more. So probably half the front damage is caused by the back car. Your insurance agent should talk to their insurance, and somebody should mention your sore neck. The Back guy should fix the mess he made, because he had no excuse. If they total it you get maybe $500.00. To fix it is probably a couple thou. You should at least get somewhere in the middle or a fixed car. Forget about the SUV and the Accord. You got smacked by somebody that had you in sight the whole time.
                      qroger

Comment

Bummer. Unfortunately, that's pretty much the law everywhere. If you rear end a car, even if you are pushed into it by a car rear ending you, you will get a ticket for following too close.

When I was young and we lived in MD, our car was parked on the street in front of our house. A van came down our street, speeding, lost control, and plowed into the car behind ours, which hit ours and drove it into the car in front of ours, which hit the car in front of it. End of the day, everyone except the front car (which hit no one) got a ticket for following too close. Even tho no one was in any of them, and the idiot in the van was the cause of all of the damage. My dad fought it, and ended up getting the ticket tossed, but still the cop said he had to write the ticket, but told my dad to go to court and fight it.

I'm curious if the guy driving the car behind you got a ticket as well? My advice, fight the ticket. Sounds like the cop doesn't even know who the hell he was talking to when he wrote your ticket. Best of Luck!!!

Definitely, if they total it, buy it back. If it's not repairable, you've got a parts car.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

the guy behind me got a ticket also for following to close. my engine still runs good, just my radiator is leaking a little. so that car still runs My uncle and dad are gonna look at it with me and we will see what we can do to fix it
                          Current

Past,
                          88 camry alltrac,

Comment

Sorry to say...they will total the car....they will not pay to fix it. Would not be in their best interest. I had far less damage on mine and just because of prior existing faults in the car it was totaled before they even considered the damage the other person did.
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

When they total it, buy it back as a parts car or to fix it back up. You will probably come out ahead in the deal, even if you decide to restore it. I've actually made money from accidents (not my fault) when the ins. co. reimbursed me, by making use of the JYs.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X