No announcement yet.

Check out my painted rims!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not, I got the 04-05 STI scoop buy it now 1.00 from Japan. I think they made a mistake listing it. I did pay 35.00 shipping however, but got it in 3 day Air Mail!
    The WRX scoop was more money IIRC, and was bought off EBay from a guy that had bought a Carbon Fiber one. From what I saw, I don't think the Carbon Fiber ones have the same fit as the stock one from the picture he sent me of it installed when I asked him how he liked the replacement scoop. The only other thing I would add, is that if you buy a take off scoop, you need to keep in mind you will need to buy the t bolts that mount it , so figure that into your price.
    Hey Switch!!!! Bet yours has a little more power than mine under the hood!
    NICE WRX!!!!

Michael
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

I think a ram air intake would be coooool. For instance if it could run closed at a certain throttle, but when kick down is activated, or a switch it hit, it opens up the ram air craming delicious powerfull airs down the mighty 1.3. Who knows
      91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Good score on the hood scoop. Do you have any pics of the underside of the hood with the scoop mounted?

Yea, the STi has a little more oomph then the Festiva but also gets like half the mpg's of the Festiva and much higher maint. costs. But then again the Festiva is still my daily driver, I bought the STi as a replacement for my motorcycle after my last accident.
        James
        Phoenix, Arizona
        --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
        '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
        '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
        '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
        My SuperMotors Page

Comment

HTH I think both were a bargain. If I turbo a car, that is where I planned to do the intercooler, like on your STI. It wasn't very hard to mount the scoop at all. I just made a simple paper template using the scoop, and cut out openings the size of the mount points. Only Rut Row was I slipped with the die grinder elongating one hole, and zipped across the paint in one spot. Took only a couple of hours to do with a cutter wheel, and the carbide grinder. Longest time I spent was deciding the location on the hood. I hope you can see in the second picture just how tight the scoop fits the hood with no deformation. It really gets the looks, and is *almost* as good as having a reasn for an intercooler. Consolation prize is Insurance, Taxes, and keeping the 40 MPG that I figured I get as an averaged figure over a one year log I kept.
          Cmon jesteratc, I know you want one on yours! Go ahead!

Michael
          Have owned 9 so far
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!

Comment

You could do like the Police Intercepters were set up and connect a choke cable to a baffle on the front of the scoop so you can close it off in the rain. I will likely be experiementing more as time goes on...... and allows.
            I just like those particular scoops of all that are out there. That they fit like they do...well....that's a bonus!
            Have owned 9 so far

Comment

My names andrew btw, never realized how weird it sounds to read Jesteratc to myself lol. I would like one.....Ill start hunting for one over the weekend. My friend with a camaro did something pretty cool. He made it so that when he floored it, and engaged the kick down switch, it set off a couple of led's, which were bright red, so that when WOT is engaged its bright red inside his scoop. It looks awsome at night...but he also has the engine to match the the corny red lights haha.
              91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Glad to meet you Andrew. I come from the world of 60s & 50s stuff. Drove Festivas earlier as we used them as delivery units, then got talked into one 8 yrs ago or so. Played with them since. Keep up the good work, yours is coming right along, and looks like you are bit with the bug like the rest of us!
                Consider making a meet. I don't think you will find a better group to have fallen in with!

Michael
                Have owned 9 so far

Comment

Ive modified the last 17 or so cars ive owned. And i just broke up with my 8month long girlfriend last night. So i should have a bunch of extra money coming in. Hopefully i can use some of that to the festiva. The turbo swaps are sweet, but i like my fuel economy as it is.

Comment

SO is there a meet coming up sometime soon? Relatively 1 close? I should have a bunch of free weekend time to chill out now. Also at these meets are there trades involved, like for parts and what not?

Thanks,

Andrew

Comment

There's Festiva Madness 3 in Raleigh, NC on Oct 3. The thread is:

There will be a parts swap going on at Madness 3. The thread is:

I realize that Raleigh is a bit of a hike from PA, but on the other hand, we have a bunch of folks coming up from S. Florida, which is even more of a hike! Right now, we're anticipating about 40 Festiva's and some Aspire's too!

Focustiva: Because I was told it was was impossible to fit a Focus bumper on a Festiva.
                      In memory of Dean Allen - V8 Festiva 1955-2010

Comment

Working...
                      X