No announcement yet.

One key to rule them all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might have better luck at a Mazda dealership? Just thinking since its only a Ford bacause of the badges and all.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
      Might have better luck at a Mazda dealership? Just thinking since its only a Ford bacause of the badges and all.
      You are probably right... I didn't really think of that... but either way, they may be able to make one from the vin, and save a lot of work, time, and money.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Well, the Ford and the Mazda dealership is the one and the same here, so I'd be going to the same place. I thought I needed the lock cylinder code because of the possibility of a lock cylinder change?
        Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
        1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
        2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
        2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Take the cylinder code and your VIN to the stealership and between those two numbers they should be able to cut you a new key.
          -Caleb
          Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
          So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

OK, I went out and tried every key I have in every Festy lock (6 keys, 4 cars). Here's the summary:
            I have 2 keys that will open at least 1 lock on 3 cars.
            I have 4 keys that will open at least 1 lock on all 4 cars.
            Every key would open the driver's doors on 3 cars.
            The easiest to open is the driver's door; the second easiest is the hatch. This is no doubt due to wear of the locks. You'd think ignitions would be easy too, like the driver's door, but not so much. I think this is because the ignition lock is a bit more sophisticated. I only had 1 key that would start 1 other car besides its own.
            Last edited by TominMO; 10-28-2009, 11:34 AM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X