Who wants a hydro to cable clutch adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    Ghost - this is a bolt on piece, the only thing you will need to do is drill a hole in the clutch fork to install a bolt that the bracket will pull on, which i will provide pictures of where to drill the hole and where it bolts onto the tranny and since the clutch set-up is totally un-related to the shift linkage, you'll still need to modify your shift linkage
    awesome. how soon can you make me one

Comment

I have started making all the little pieces for the brackets, i still need to make the mounting tabs and a couple smaller pieces for about 6 sets so far, 3 are spoken and paid for already, i'm hoping tomorrow or thursday to be cutting out the rest of the parts needed so friday i can drill out the bolt holes at work and start welding them together this weekend

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Chris, this is REALLY cool! I may or may not need one. I'll send a pm if I do. Either way -props bro!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks Paul

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

any updates chris?

Comment

I've made up the pieces to weld together, I will be bringing home a welder this weekend so I should the first few made up then

Comment

how are these coming along?

Comment

I've had something come up in the family which delayed progress on them but Im still workin on them

Comment

do i still need a slave cylinder if i am using this adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                      do i still need a slave cylinder if i am using this adapter?
                      No you won't

I've almost got the first 3 ready for shipping to those who pre-paid, more will be coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                        No you won't

I've almost got the first 3 ready for shipping to those who pre-paid, more will be coming soon
                        let me know when mine is ready. i can prepay whenever

Comment

I've been working on the brackets and i have to change the design of it, the angle of the clutch fork just doesn't work well with the old design so i'll be trying out my new idea over the weekend and hopefully get them working good

Comment

doe! any pics yet chris?

Comment

No pics at the moment but I can take some tomorrow after work and post them tomorrow night

Comment

As promised..... Pics!!

They are not quite ready to ship since right now all the pieces are just tack welded together, and i need to add a piece to strengthen the piece for the bolt on the lower part so there will not be any worries on durability. i'll be bringing them to work and welding them with the big welders so there will be lots of strength in the welds, again to ensure durability

The part that was giving me trouble was the piece that drops down for the bolt to hook onto for the clutch fork, when i first welded it on it was causing the bolt to bind and it just didn't work smoothly, at least not as smooth as i wanted it to so i honestly didn't want to fully re-design/make what i already had started so i tried turning the piece on an angle to see how that would effect it and it worked a LOT smoother, it feels the same as my V6 bracket so i'm sure it'll work well

on to the pics

In this pic you can see how i turned the piece hanging down on an angle to help it work smoother

I lost one of the hanging pieces so the bracket to the left in the pic is not fully assembled but will be when i take them to work

For installation, i took my grinder to the back side of the clutch fork until a hole started to form and i continued grinding until the hole was the right size

And you can see the 2 bolts used for mounting the bracket in these pics, the ones that are not threaded in

Comment

Working...
                                X