another new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
    so you won't end up with a thread full of people who consider you a heartless, mindless murderer of respectable cars.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!

Did he get on here just to stir us up?!
    Last edited by drddan; 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Wow.

Listen guys, this specific car is crap. ALL of yours are amazing. If, and that's a big if , this car were just a bit decent it wouldn't go out to the ranch. I'd drive it every day. However it is crap, so I don't feel bad at all.

The cougar got wrecked by an oblivious driver. I didn't like it after a few years and I wasn't sad to see it go.

I already offered up the parts I've taken off, so hopefully they can be used "the right" way.

Comment

I don't know what everyones problem is but i kinda like the cougar, especially the suicide doors lol it'd be nicer if it was all one colour but still nice, and the caprice looks sick slammed down like that!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yea, the Caprice is bad to the bone.
          Megail, you just need to do the same with the Festy!
          Slam it, and turbo it with a B6!
          Then we'll all love you :p
          Last edited by drddan; 01-28-2010, 11:40 PM.
          Dan

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

OK, I'll bite.... What makes your Festiva so bad that you cant believe it can be resurrected from near death? You may be surprised...

Michael
            Have owned 9 so far
            White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
            Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
            Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
            Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
            Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

No offense at all...I just think its kind of rude how you come on a FESTIVA forum for people who all love and most of them have a festiva. And then you kind of bash it? Please don't take this the wrong way, however, if you are planning on smashing it what brings you to this site? DO you plan on purchasing another festiva? Again...no offense jsut trying to figure out why you are on here if your going to total it?
              She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
              Tiffany Litke :angel13:

Comment

man i just scrapped a 97 tercel so i could buy a second festy for a project if i would have known we could have done a trade or something because it still drove it was just ugly and burned massive amounts of oil.....shame on you!
                -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Your caprice was DELICIOUS!

The festiva may convert you after some time with it. It has done that to so many. They are infectiously cool and fun. You'll end up looking at it and seeing how squat and tough the body lines are and you'll visualize what it could look like with the right wheel/tire combo. You'll realize how cheap and easy it is to make it smoke a LOT of tunersand muscle cars. Plus they are easy and cheap to revive, customize etc. So like m715 said, whats so wrong with it? If you're just trying to kill it by redlining, speed shifting, and never changing the oil good luck! :lol: many have tried and failed. Many with abuse last to 200,000 miles. With normal care 300,000. With extra care 500,000. MANY have gotten there. I've now seen 8 with 500,000 miles. Welcome to the site. Do be surprised by the back lash. These cars are a LEGEND for a reason. The durability? Sure. The gas mileage? Of course. But the looks? Absolutely. And the cheap easy performance?! NOW YOU'RE TALKIN'!!!!!
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Owning a Festiva may lead to several types of insanity and irrational behaviors. Seeing your past work is impressive, imo, and I would hope you will try to perform your magic on your festiva.
                    Every once in awhile, someone who does custom fab work or wants it shows up on this forum. Check out recent gauge pod posts.
                    If you are interested in making some custom fiberglass parts for members of this forum, let us know. We may be a bunch of biased cheapskates, but we love our cars and are always looking for a rear spoiler or ground effects parts.
                    Make something you like, for your car, and run it past us. You might be surprised as well as us. Anything "new" for a Festiva is a good topic.
                    By the way, welcome to the forum.
                    I hate being Bi-Polar, it's awesome.

Comment

Stange as it may sound, I feel like I belong here.

Let me clear the air. I like the festiva.
                      There I said it.

This one however, is not something I see as being a decent driver, ranch vehicle that will outlast the John Deere, probably.

I'll start at the front and work my way to the back.
                      Headlights are broken/ don't work except for high beams, intake is cracked and missin parts, the rear main seal appears to be leaking, radiator has a few mystery leaks, ignition....well it was missing, 3rd gear likes to jump in and out, bushings are all toast, the shifter itself is loose and might fall off, none of the dash lights work, seat springs poke your bum, wiper lever is missing, interior plastics are so deteriorated they literally fell off in some areas and the rest broke. No heat or a/c. Some sort of gremlin has possesed the seat belts since they only work when you yell at them.

On the good side, the brakes work which I'm sure upsets a few of you.

I came on here to learn more about the car, troubleshoot a few things to make the parts I need to keep stay working, and bring a new facet to your already diverse network.

I'm truly sorry if that offends some if you, but I hope to gain a little respect from some of you.

If any of you need any fiberglass, carbon fiber or wood let me know. I'm more than willing to help you guys out.

Comment

Megail, these cars are EXTREMELY easy to work on. With that being said; all of the problems you list are quite fixable and in a matter of time that will probably surprise you once you start on it. Also, ANY part that you may need for that car can be purchased from members here at very reasonable prices and it comes with all the expretise you will ever need to completely tear one of these cars down and put it back together in a very short period of time. One thing I've learned about these cars is they can never be considered down for the count. A little money and a little time will bring them back from the dead quickly. They should have named them Lazarus or Phoenix instread of Festiva.

Welcome to the site
                        If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                        Zulu Ministries

Comment

True. Anything is fixable, but when you need a hundred dollar car and you get a hundred dollar car with a reputation of just beginning to be broken in at 200k you don't spend several hundreds of dollars to fix her up and make her valuable again. You use it for what it is and be done with it. I'll get my monies worth after a couple weeks, and after that it's all just gravy.

I'd take a decent one of these over most of the newer small cars anyday, simply for the fact that they are so cheap and easy to fix. Mine lost the option for salvation.

Comment

Not trying to bust your chops here, you plunked down your Benjamin, do what you want. I'd just suggest you look around and do a little reading. You might be surprised how many of these "nice cars" on here were left for dead once. Just saying.

Welcome Aboard. Betting that Stiva will grow on you, and you'll be on here before too long, looking for parts.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by megail View Post
                              Some sort of gremlin has possesed the seat belts since they only work when you yell at them.
                              :pIf I ever catch that gremlin, he's toast!
                              Dan

R.I.P.
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by megail View Post
                                Some sort of gremlin has possesed the seat belts since they only work when you yell at them.
                                Cool, you got the voice activated seat belts?? That's gotta be the rarest option ever.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                                X