Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
    you could prob find one for cheaper
    x2 That seems alittle high, I paid $600 for my first one and it was nice, maybe him not selling is a sign to look around for another one.
    '90 LX

Comment

yea 600 is what i payed for mine (with all the crap wrong with it i payed too much)
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

For $600 you should be able to get a decent festiva that needs minimal work

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I paid $675 for mine. If you can resist the temptation to buy you can get a waaay better deal. Hang in there.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
          Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
          Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
          >> Photo Album <<

Comment

My current car was listed for $1200. Far more than I'd pay for a Festiva, let alone an automatic. I made a lowball offer of $500, got the "you must be stupid" look, shrugged my shoulders, and went home.

The next day I got a call from the seller. Apparently it had be for sale for a long time and nobody wanted it, not ever her nephew when she offered it for free to him. So she accepted my offer of $500 and I haven't regretted purchasing it.

If this guy is playing games with you, walk away. Who knows, you may just get a call down the road from him, begging you to take the car.

Otherwise, I agree with everyone else here. You can find as good, if not better, Festivas for much less. Especially in your neck of the woods.

Good luck!

-Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by SiC sEnSe View Post
              man i super mad right now i went over there with the 1300 that we agreed on to buy the car and the dummy wants more money now i offered 1400 and he still wanted more so i told him to kiss my :pottytrain2: lol (no i really ididnt but wanted too) ill try again tomorrow and see if i get for what i was asking for it..... the thing that sucks is everyone seems to have money right now cause of tax season and thats how i have some cash and them dealers know it so he's playing hard to get
              Oh Man, that sucks. Don't know all the details on that one, but 1300.00 seems a bit high, unless it is very low miles and virtually mint inside and out. Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who paid less than 500 bones for my 89 and my 90. Neither one is perfect, both need a little of this, and a little of that. At this point, I'd say ignore him, and see how long it takes for him to decide 1300.00 doesn't look so bad. In the mean time, go out and snag a Festy, so when he does call, you can tell him what he can do with himself and the horse he rode in on. :twisted:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Funny thing, I have talked to that people on that car lot in the el cajon area & they are not honest @ all, So I would be very careful if I was you.

And welcome to the site!
                :evil4: Live & Learn

Comment

yeah it looks like im going to wait for now and if i get it i get if not im going to keep looking

Comment

Hey Man WHATS UP! Stoked to see another on here from SD. Ive seen that car on craigslist for like the past 3 months with a repost every day. Its most likely that there is no other real interest in the car if its been posted fo that long without anyone buying it. And i agree with the others on here that thing looks like it definitely needs some work and is kind of beat up for that much money. You can definitely do better you just might have to wait it out. Good luck with your search. Pretty soon we can have enough members from SD for a good meet!

Comment

so anyone near houston??? and want to make 100bucks lol

man i feel like making a road trip out of it.... 1 way ticket to houston and drive her back to cali :blob6: im going to talk with the ol'lady and see what happens

Comment

That one looks a little beat up for the price they're asking. If I were you I'd keep looking. Do you HAVE to have a car right now, or can you afford to wait?
                        "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by SiC sEnSe View Post
                          so anyone near houston??? and want to make 100bucks lol

man i feel like making a road trip out of it.... 1 way ticket to houston and drive her back to cali :blob6: im going to talk with the ol'lady and see what happens
                          That car has been posted on here, that car is personaly not worth it, keep looking, but don't get desperate and over pay for a car that needs alot of work.
                          '90 LX

Comment

well i need a new work car so im kinda in a hurry to get one but i just found one up north from me 480miles away im going to go buy for 400 bucks running and everything heres a pic

im stoked

dude said it has a rebuilt motor and its well maintained, tags are up to date seems like its wroth the drive to me
                            Last edited by SiC sEnSe; 02-27-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

^^ Thats more like it! I cant really tell but it looks much better than the other two, and its A LOT cheaper! haha

Comment

Looks like a nice one.
                                -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                                -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                                -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Working...
                                X