supd up DD? anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JPT View Post
    One good tip is to plan every move and allow for double the time you think it will take. Also have every thing ready to go (no "I'll run to the store after this is done").

This way, you'll avoid downtime and won't try to rush things (take your time and it'll be fast. Rush, and it'll only be half fasst)
    Originally posted by batstiva View Post
    So very true. If you think you "might" need it, go ahead and get it before you start. Easier to take a part back you didn't need, than to have to bum a ride to the parts store to get what you didn't get last time.

I burnt two extra hours when I did Batstivas struts/shocks because I didn't think I would actually need spring compressors. D'oh!!

If you don't have an extra car to fall back on this is the best advice EVAR! :thumbup: :thumbright: :mrgreen:
    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
    Zulu Ministries

Comment

My stiva is my DD and only car tagged at the moment. Ever since I have been into festivas they have been my dd. I have been driving a stiva for the last 6 or 7 years. The first one was stock for a long time, then I t-charged it, drove it daily for over a year, then did a bp swap. After that car was totaled (guy pulled out in front of me, his fault) I put my second one on the road. It stayed stock for a few months, then I put the b3t kit on it. That got old after having the bp in the past so I did the bp swap a few months later. Drove it with the bp for a year then t-charged it back in november.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
        Mine has been my DD for 5 years. And when I turboed it, still DD. Then a 4 day weekend it was a b8 turbo and still a DD. Now it's gonna be a bprt and I refuse to drive anything else. I'm thankful I've had Tom's to DD everyday, since mine is in process.

Hope this helps. Mine has always and will always be a dd
        ^ We both know that once you build a turbo car you can't help but drive it everyday, wether its your only car or not, its that damn much fun just tooling around. Boost IS addictive.

The only reason I was able to build my car and still drive it to work everyday without down time is because I did it in stages. I work in a shop so every night I would do a little here and there. When it came time to make the manifold, dp, intercooler piping and all that other stuff, it got a little harder. One night I would test fit the turbo, oil lines, route coolant hoses, then remove it all put back to stock ad drive home. The next night I put it all back on, then figured out intercooler placement, ran piping, made exhaust, and removed it all and put back to stock to drive home... etc. A few very late nights of work to get it together and done right and not skimp anywhere.

Comment

yeah thanks for all the words of advice and encouragement, so far I have invested in several parts I will need I am wondering what route would be best as far as the clutch with stock trans? exedy are cheap but will they do the job? keep in mind i am using this as my only DD and i wont be pushing it too hard just enough to get my adrenaline rush then ill b done for the day lol.
          91 red l-

Comment

Working...
          X