Ford Trasnsit Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
    Throw a 6 spd standard in there and a huge turbo for extra powah. Get teh quarter mile times in the 12s.
    Fixed your post.
    You know someone's gonna do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      I saw the test drive on TV last night. After searching everywhere, the tester had to look in the user manual to figure out how to open the hood. The front Ford logo swivelled up and a key lock was exposed. Cool.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/transitconnect/
      The older Euro Ford Focus also had the swivel embleméhood lock..

Comment

Tommy, that would be nice too, but I was thinking more about a fuel efficient daily driver with cargo room, then a tire shredding drag racer with cargo room

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdoc60 View Post
          Believe it or not, the biggest complaint I ever got about them, as well as my opinion, too, is the "new car" scent in them is the funkiest one ever. We attribute this smell to the fact they were assembled in Turkey. LOL
          It can't be much worse than Hyundai's from a few years back. Don't know what they assembled the interior with, but sheeesh, those older Accents were smelly little cars!
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
            Tommy, that would be nice too, but I was thinking more about a fuel efficient daily driver with cargo room, then a tire shredding drag racer with cargo room
            Yeah, I know. I just have a bit of a one-track mind is all.
            Upon a quick wiki-ing, I found out it's on the old Focus platform. Wouldn't take much to make one of these into a rocket. Or make it handle well.

And as for the new car smell, Mercedes M-class (and a few other models) still has the strangest. Especially the late '90s ones.

Comment

Yeah I could see picking one of these up in a couple years for my cross country adventures, more power, tuning, and maybe a transmission swap would be in the works though.

Logan

Comment

I'd rather have a sprinter any day. What's the mpg difference 2-4 mpg? And the sprinter is HUGE compared.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This guy claims a best of 32.1!!!!!
                  My MPG seems to be fluctuating a lot, despite my trips being the same - I once hit 41-42ish, but my last fill was barely 35...its weird, because the trip is generally the same - from my house, its
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

What surprises me about the Transit is that it is in old educational french videos that I have to watch at school.

And also I guess it would be called a crossover because the word wagon isn't COOL anymore. Dodge PowerWagon lol
                    Last edited by Grey Vw; 11-11-2010, 12:29 AM.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                    X