Ruined Aspire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruined Aspire!

I had the Aspire on my page. I got it in April. My neighbor needed a car so she wouldn't lose her house..a way to get to work. She did not have a job. She got one. She started to get back on her feet. Then she started drinking and seeing her girlfriend. She did not go to work when they called her. Two weeks ago she drove drunk in the car but did not get caught. Last week she disappeared for a week. She came back yesterday. She said the car overheated...blew a hose. She said she got that fixed. She said the rear strut broke. I told her they did not break by themselves and asked what she did to break it. Of course she denied doing anything. I looked at the car and the right rear tire apparantly had a broken belt. I tried to find a tire today but it is an odd size nobody carries. She called me and said Just Tires had one for $80 mounted and balanced. I said..so..what do you want ME to do about it? She expected ME to pay for it. This after I got a free part for the intake to make it idle right...I only had to pay $30 for shipping. She was supposed to get that put on last week but she went on her trip instead. Today she called me and I was asleep. I went to her house..no car. Uh oh! Sure enough she was on the road. A short time later she calls and says she has TWO blown tires, right rear and left front and for me to come get her. I said ok. I called the towing company and garage. I would be out $160 for two tires and $65 for towing. Plus the $30 for the intake. So, basically $200 I would not see again. I was going to have it towed to the garage, fixed and sold it to recover my money. She tried calling me several times while I was on the phone with the towing company and garage. I called her back and she answers...and I hear BAM BAM BAM BAM! The was driving the car. I yelled at her to stop NOW!!! She said no..I am driving to the gas station. Then she calls back and says the transmission won't work and the car won't start. Mind you, I let her take the car with ZERO dolars out of her pocket, hoping to get paid in a month. She paid two payments of $150..so I am in the car for $1500. I lost $1200 tonight because she drove and ruined the car. She griped about it constantly. I tried to remedy the idle problem..but she didn't take it to have it fixed. Tonight she literally drove it into the ground. I told her I was out $1200 because she was too impatient to give me time to get the car to the garage. She said the car would have blown the tires had she driven it to the garage. I said..no..I would have had AAA tow it and have a tire put on it. She said..."that car almost killed me". i said it was her choice to drive it tonight and had she stayed home none of this would have happened. That is what you get for trying to help an ungrateful drunk . Hopefully you can see the damage to the car...not to mention the struts, axles, transmission, engine, wheels etc. The left front fenders is buckled under near the door, the rear bumper is damaged from having the tire blow and a car push it..and the sides and messed up from God-knows-what.

Sorry to hear about that. I definately would not let her use anything else of mine... let the ungrateful **cough**cough** lose her house. Maybe I am a jerk, but I personally don't like to be taken advantage of because I am "too nice"!
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I guess it is a lesson learned. It is hard to believe someone would be so careless and inconsiderate. She expected me to come pick her up after destroying the car. Then she said the car was a piece of junk from the beginning. In her eyes it is my fault because I sold her a bad car. What hurts more than the loss of money is that she disrespected me on so many levels. She did not appreciate anything I did for her. She disrespected me by ignoring my demand that she stop driving the car and ruining it. It was just a big slap in my face. I did what I did out of love and compassion.

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
        I guess it is a lesson learned. It is hard to believe someone would be so careless and inconsiderate. She expected me to come pick her up after destroying the car. Then she said the car was a piece of junk from the beginning. In her eyes it is my fault because I sold her a bad car. What hurts more than the loss of money is that she disrespected me on so many levels. She did not appreciate anything I did for her. She disrespected me by ignoring my demand that she stop driving the car and ruining it. It was just a big slap in my face. I did what I did out of love and compassion.
        Yeah, a good lesson on who to help and who not to....people on drugs (legal or otherwise) are often in denial and self-destructive. These people are extremely self-absorbed. Sometimes helping them involves letting them hit rock bottom, because they WILL NOT change until then.

You tried to do a good thing, to your credit; don't take her treatment of you personally; it's her mental illness talking.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

"she disrespected me on so many levels"..No one can do it if you don't allow it to happen.
          I , personally, think you sound like a good person trying to help her out....but,continuing to help her and PAYING for stuff when it seems she didn't even come close to paying the car off or even try to...well, I would have taken it back right then.
          You can only really help those that want to help themselves.She doesn't want to help herself,or, so it seems.

Comment

Dont worry my friend it will all catch up to her one day. You tried to help her out and she stabbed you in the back. Lesson learned here dont worry about other people unless they are near and dear.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

It's already caught up with her IMO--her life is in chaos--and it's only gonna get worse until she takes responsibility. IF she does.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                She said..."that car almost killed me".
                Fix the car and tell it try a little harder next time. :evil:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I wonder if it's considered accidental manslaughter if you lend someone your car and it decides to blow a tire and kills them? I can't see that flying through court.
                  Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                  1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                  2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                  2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

That might not work in court- but the rest of this is something I'd expect to see on Judge Judy or the like.

But seriously, that sucks. Have to be more careful who you help. My mom and I have learned that in similarly difficult ways.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Well, I called the insurance company and told them the car was abandoned on the side of the road and she told me what happened but that I did not know if it was true or not. They filed a claim after i sent the pictures I took this morning on the way to work. She says the car is NOT totalled and I had no business calling her insurance company. She said I did not care if she was all right or not. She said NOBODY can take the car if she makes payments and keeps insurance on it. When I drove home today the car was gone and I have no idea if the state took it or the insurance company took it. According to her this whole thing is MY fault. She said the garage where I was going to have it towed told her the hoses were dry rotted and the tires were too. I said..."REALLY?? THEY DIDN'T TELL ME." I told her she didn't care about anyone but herself...that she knew it had ONE bad tire and it was dangerous to drive and she could have killed herself or someone else by driving it. Her response...as long as I pay for the car I can drive the car...I had somewhere to go. I told her I was going to come pick her up and have it towed to the garage before she decided to ruin it by driving it till it quit. Here are the pics. Link to pics...click on pics to see full size...let me know what damage you see.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

With fools like her, all you can do is chalk it up to experience and never deal with her again. She's dishonest and trying to make you look like the bad guy. Leave her to her fate; don't help her any more unless you want to enable her dysfunction, and be her victim.

Love that color BTW.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

So do I! It was to be ffestiva.com car and she promised to take care of it and we would go to the meets together....so much for that!

Comment

Okay, now I'm confused. Does the car belong to you, or her? Whose name is on the title? If it's yours, but she carries the insurance, then you have every right to contact her insurance company to recoup your losses. If the car, and the insurance is in her name, but she hasn't paid you fully for the car yet, then I hate to say it, but you are a fool. If the car and the insurance are in your name, then you have more than every right to find out what's going on with the car, and she has NO right to prevent you from doing whatever you want with the car.

So, how does this work. Is your name on the title, or hers?

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

It is registered in her name and I bear no legal rights to the car other than being leinholder..I have the title. She destroyed...(I am sure)...MY car until she has paid it off in full. Yeah, I was a fool to believe she would stop drinking and get on the path to responsibility. Would a RESPONSIBLE person do this to a car?

Comment

Working...
                              X