Ruined Aspire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressing. Just depressing...
    Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
    Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
    "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Ok, Wednesday update. Insurance said the car is not totalled but did not figure the obvious bodywork. He said the back bumper could be reattached...I was like no...it can be replaced! The fender..he did not notice it was tucked under. The fender liners he did notice. He said he did not see any damage to the struts..but without driving how would he know? In any case, she refused to total it if it was and he said I could not force her to do anything to the car! Ok, I am a bank and the insurance says I can't make the owner fix the car or turn the money over to me? OK! Here is where it gets crazy. She said her mechanic...a very good mechanic..said the head was not done on the car...the car has 162,000 miles because he ran the number on the engine. He said it needs over $2000 in mechanical work...but not because of the accident/blowout. Struts...starter..alternator...belts...battery...t ires...rims...transmission linkage...maybe some other stuff I can't recall if anything else. Mind you...she never had ONE issue with ANY of those things UNTIL now. I did a carfax on the car and it showed consistent mileage every inspection. It showed 61,000 miles at purchase. The garage said the one owner ran it hot and they replaced the head. She says she is going to fix the car, but she feels she got taken advantage of...by me. This after basically giving her the car and HOPING I would see any payments and not knowing if I would.
      Last edited by stevewl1164; 07-14-2010, 07:14 PM. Reason: left out mileage.

Comment

Wow, this thread is starting to make my head explode. Question. Is the title in her name, or yours? Next question, does the title show you as the lien holder? If the title is in your name, then take the car back. Period. If the title is in her name, but you are the lien holder, then you ultimately have the authority to require her to repair the car to the condition it was in prior to her beginning to drive the car. Period. If the title is in her name, and you are not on the title as the lien holder, then she is not a lesbian, because she has screwed you well and royally.

Finally, she's got a car for basically 2 easy payments of 150 bucks, so I hardly see how she can make the statement that you took advantage of her. Seriously, do whatever you have to do to settle the car situation with her, and then get the hell away from her, as far away as possible. Just my 2 cents, tho.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

^ Yeah, what he said.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I am thinking...ok...you couldn't get $1500 to pay me for the car and you DID get someone to front you "$2000" for repairs? Also forgot the radiator is supposedly bad. Car is now a worthless heap...not worth persuing legally. If I had someone willing to give or loan me $2000 plus I would say ok..$2000 car here I come..bye bye Aspire. Which she still may do! Car is registered and titled in her name with her insurance covering it. I am the lienholder to junk!

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
              I am thinking...ok...you couldn't get $1500 to pay me for the car and you DID get someone to front you "$2000" for repairs? Also forgot the radiator is supposedly bad. Car is now a worthless heap...not worth persuing legally. If I had someone willing to give or loan me $2000 plus I would say ok..$2000 car here I come..bye bye Aspire. Which she still may do! Car is registered and titled in her name with her insurance covering it. I am the lienholder to junk!
              But you ARE the lienholder. Small claims court.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                But you ARE the lienholder. Small claims court.
                X2
                Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Bood from a turnip! She has no money....supposedly
                  Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                  X2

Comment

wow what a mess, not understanding how u have the title if it's in her name, but seriously u weren't banging her? c'mon sorry dude, but if all this is true, you must be the biggest fool, and even a bigger fool for putting this all out for everyone to read, lol she has no money, so you sell (give) her a car, lol this is too funny, is this story even true?

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
                      wow what a mess, not understanding how u have the title if it's in her name, but seriously u weren't banging her? c'mon sorry dude, but if all this is true, you must be the biggest fool, and even a bigger fool for putting this all out for everyone to read, lol she has no money, so you sell (give) her a car, lol this is too funny, is this story even true?
                      I wouldn't call trying to help someone, out of the goodness of his heart, foolish. Or needing to vent and get ideas/support from this forum.

Banging her? Is this story even true? You sound like a great guy.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by stevewl1164 View Post
                        If she is behind on payments and your listed as lein holder here in oregon you have full right to repossess the car. Give her a chance to pay in full or auction the car off to the highest bidder.
                        I would try asking at your dmv and see what they say.
                        Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I wouldn't call trying to help someone, out of the goodness of his heart, foolish. Or needing to vent and get ideas/support from this forum.
                          Banging her? Is this story even true? You sound like a great guy.
                          if this happened to me and i wasn't dating her or a FWB, my friends and coworkers would laugh there butts off at me and tell me what a fool is was, and rightfully so. i know it sucks, i was dating a girl and loaned her $1,500 for a festiva, so she could work and go to college, well she eventually broke up with me and stiffed me for the money, went to small claims court and won but have yet to see any money, 14 yrs later. i have a neighbor thats always looking for a handout, he could work he's just to lazy. you can't truely help anyone until they help themselves
                          Last edited by Pu241; 07-19-2010, 01:02 PM. Reason: Fixed quote function

Comment

Originally posted by festiva351w View Post
                            if this happened to me and i wasn't dating her or a FWB, my friends and coworkers would laugh there butts off at me and tell me what a fool is was, and rightfully so. i know it sucks, i was dating a girl and loaned her $1,500 for a festiva, so she could work and go to college, well she eventually broke up with me and stiffed me for the money, went to small claims court and won but have yet to see any money, 14 yrs later. i have a neighbor thats always looking for a handout, he could work he's just to lazy. you can't truely help anyone until they help themselves
                            True on that last sentence. But sometimes people need a helping hand just to get functional. Yeah, it is a gamble I admit. The only way to guarantee you won't get screwed is not to help. If we're gonna help tho, there is some risk associated with it, and we can only try to minimize that risk by knowing the character of the person we're helping.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              True on that last sentence. But sometimes people need a helping hand just to get functional. Yeah, it is a gamble I admit. The only way to guarantee you won't get screwed is not to help. If we're gonna help tho, there is some risk associated with it, and we can only try to minimize that risk by knowing the character of the person we're helping.
                              Sadly Tom, in reading this thread, I think the OP knew the character of the person, and got taken anyway. 351w maybe not, but Steve, I think so.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

I did it knowing I might not ever see the money...that is not the issue. What gets me is that it was her ONLY means of transportation...to the store, to her "job", to look for another job. I simply could not believe my ears when I called her and heard WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM...her driving the car on the rims..and she refused to stop. I simply could not believe a rational person with no funds would tear up their only car just because it took me ten minutes to arrange the tow and garage. As it stands...supposedly a friend is helping her fix the car to the tune of..get this...$2700! Clutch, transmission linkage, four tires, two rims, radiator, battery, starter, alternator, struts, belts, hoses. No body work is in the work being done. How she will pay for the repairs or me is another story. I just hope she gets it back and does get back on her feet.

Comment

Working...
                                X