No announcement yet.

Where to mount my holster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justin, I'm thinking fanny pack. You won't have to actually wear it outside the car, but clip it on while driving and get one that you can unzip while still securely holding the gun, probably in a separate pack holster. If you are in an accident or have to drive hard, your gun stays on you. Remember one lesson from the FBI gunfight in Miami was when Agent Manauzzi put his revolver under his thigh right before taking down Platt and Matix (according to Mas Ayoob). Here is a medical account that lists the FBI agents and their use of firearms during this encounter:

Look for the fourth box down, last entry. Whatever you do, ensure that your gun holster/holder is sturdy enough to stay in place during an accident.

If in a hurry, you can jump out of the car with your gun still on you. Normally, you'd just transfer the gun from regular holster to fanny pack, then back when you leave the car. Hide the fanny pack when not in the car so thieves don't think anything valuable is in it and tempt a break in.

The right fanny pack could be cheap and potentially versatile for a few other things.

As for small of back holsters, I'd caution that a lot of pros avoid them due to potential for injury if you are thrown on your back to the ground. Even a relatively thin piece like a 1911 could ruin your lumbar spine's day.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Fobus makes a nice mount for in the car or under a desk. http://www.fobusholster.com/products...T-2641-61.html

If your laws allow here's an idea - Get a set of under seat rails for the passengers seat and then make a shallow slide out tray to fit in the rails. Fill it with a piece of foam with a cut out for the gun.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

I carry a glock 22 with a full mag everyday and don't have any issues. Have a good holster and it's like carrying my wallet or cell phone. A lock box is a good idea if you have to leave it in the car. Glocks tear down in a few seconds, I know others who carry the barrel in their pocket if they have to secure their gun in their car.
        Last edited by angrygocart; 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Man you guys making me look at holsters and stuff... OMG it sucks being away from my baby for 2yrs...

Comment

My thing is that mine is a double stack full size 45 so might be a little harder to conceal.

Comment

That is my problem also
              Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

Hey muddevil01 are you referring to the 2.3 out of the mustang on your sig?

Comment

Ill probably just get something smaller like a 9m or 380

Comment

Working...
                  X