No announcement yet.

Shopping for a Festiva....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt me. They are getting hard to find any more.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I'm still debating that white one..... Details on wheel bearing replacement?
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

Fronts must be pressed. Rears are pie.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

So..... Take off rear wheel, then what? Festys have rear drums right? Do they come out the back? I know it's 2 pieces or whatever, but that's about all I know. New to the Festy world(obviously)

Thanks! <3
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

Pop grease cap, pull the cotter pin, take nut off, remove washer&outer bearing, pull drum, pull inner seal&inner bearing, pack new bearings, inspect races, put it all back together with gobs of grease, set up the bearing, replace the cotter pin and castle nut, wham bam thank you ma'am.
            I left out a few details but that's the gist of it. Can be done in under an hour with minimal tools.

Comment

Hmm sounds easy enough....
              Buck.

Comment

I would like to hold out for a better one but the longer I wait, the more money I am wasting on gas and more importantly, the more my 04 will hate my guts and fall apart, lol.
                Buck.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I'm REALLY excited even though it's probably a heap of pooop!!!!!!!
                  Buck.

Comment

Just check for any corrosion on fuel and brake lines as best you can. Our cars are getting old and it is not uncommon to have brake lines go "pop!"

Also check the ball joints. Very important, though they're not hard to replace unless the pivot bolts are all corroded at the captive nut inside the frame "rails."

If you are unsure, take lots of detailed pics and post them here for all of our experts to evaluate for a reasonable charge of $19.99 plus tax, handling and unlisted cognitive expenditures.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Oh, and yes...YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED! After all, any way you look at it, it's a FESTIVA!!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I NOW HAS!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna lie, it was one MOFOing scary ride home, cause the spindle nut is stripped bad. So the fact that the wheel could've just come off at any time just like that......... Let's just say I was hyperventilating.

Anyways, the car isn't in too bad of shape, just FILTHYYYYY.

Before and after pics tomorrow!!

Oh BTW, speedometer and odometer don't work.... same problem perhaps?
                        Buck.

Comment

Glad you made it! Speedo or cable will fix that. I'd look at the cable first. It's easy. Loosen the cable from the top of the trans. 5 screws remove the bezel, 4 remove the cluster. There are two plugs on the back of the cluster plus the speedo cable.
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I was also under the impression all festys had Tachometers, guess I was wrong. This one is BASEEEE which is perfect. Doesn't even have a pass side mirror!

I want a tach though....... addable?
                            Buck.

Comment

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                              I was also under the impression all festys had Tachometers, guess I was wrong. This one is BASEEEE which is perfect. Doesn't even have a pass side mirror!

I want a tach though....... addable?
                              Sure is you just have to reroute the speedo cable (I believe there is a thread on it.) It's very easy though. Another bonus with the tach clusters they have a buzzer for when you leave your lights on! That's my favorite feature. I always forget on those rainy days.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                              The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Funny you say that, I started to leave them on this afternoon, luckly I parked it near a building so I saw them shining on the wall, lol
                                Buck.

Comment

Working...
                                X