No announcement yet.

I've got it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this "Seat Trick" ??? I sleep in my car about once a month or so when school is really harsh, and I usually just sleep in the drivers seat, but if there is a better way............let me know PLEASE!

I have the 90 LX with the split seats and head rests

Comment

Originally posted by Darlo View Post
      What is this "Seat Trick" ??? I sleep in my car about once a month or so when school is really harsh, and I usually just sleep in the drivers seat, but if there is a better way............let me know PLEASE!

Go here. Courtesy of Neanderpual.

'89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
      '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
      '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
      '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
      '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Originally posted by David88 View Post
        The link to pictures in that link^^ isn't working anymore.

Originally posted by Darlo View Post

Basically if you pull out your head rest, push your seat all the way forward then lean the seat all the way back. Then fold your back seat so the cushions are face up, it creates a bed!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

just attempted the timing belt adjustment in the how to i posted yesterday.

I removed the spark plugs and set them aside, labeled the wires...

in step ten, I was to adjust the crankshaft so the half moon groove was directly under the pin sticking out of the block. sounds great...

I can't move the camshaft (with the belt still on it) to adjust the rotation of the crankshaft.

i proceeded to step eleven in adjusting the tensioner away from the belt. done.

step twelve, remove belt from camshaft only

thirteen, line up markings - camshaft turns and you can feel the valves moving under the cams

To go back to step ten, I put a wrench on the crankshaft to try and line up the groove and pin, but it won't turn more than a quarter turn.

Yesterday, after it ran, I tried once more to show my dad when he got home. It cranked for a second and would only click after that. I thought it was the battery, charged it up and more of the same. I jumped it with my car today, still just clicking...

What's keeping the crankshaft from moving?! I can hear the air going in and out of the spark plug holes and intake but it won't rotate any more.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

check the starter, sounds like it may be drawing to much, or there could be bad bearings in the head causing resistance.
            Last edited by blitzbuggy; 01-04-2011, 03:19 PM.
            B6 with lightweight Flywheel, FMS street cam
            Holy heck gee willickers its fast!!drool

Comment

Hmmm.. Could the starter still be engaged and keep the crankshaft from moving?
              -Zack

Comment

Originally posted by blitzbuggy View Post
                check the starter, sounds like it may be drawing to much, or there could be bad bearings in the head causing resistance.
                I just reread your post... Starter won't do anything because it's hitting a lot of resistance on the crankshaft for some reason. I can't even get it to turn more than 1/4 way around with a big wrench.

The camshaft, on the other hand, I have no trouble turning with a 14mm wrench.

Don't forget I have the spark plugs out, there shouldn't be any resistance from compression or anything.
                -Zack

Comment

Working...
                X