There's No Better Forum...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    Not to take away from the quality of the people here, but I do think the Festiva itself has something to do with it. It's the type of people that the Festy attracts. I spend some time on some Mustang forums, and sadly, the vulgar language, sexual content, egos and lack of respect for others seems to coincide with the "Fast & Furious" type and age group of enthusiasts.
    Sorry, no offense meant to our younger members and those that have migrated here from the "tuner" side. It's nice to have a blend from the different facets of life! It keeps things fresh!
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

The problem isnt tuning or mods , its the attitude/age.

And the younger , the worst it gets. Hondas , Volks , Mustangs, These cars are produced so massively , it attacts massive amount of ''enthousiasts'' , and amongst them , a massive amount of kids that have nothing else to say but idiotic stuff - cause they donno squat (about the car in general- specially when its time to get your hands dirty.)

Comment

I'm not afraid to admit that Fast and the Furious is probably why I like cars Pheonix Sho has it right, most people my age wouldn't be caught dead in a Festiva. It takes a different kind of mentality to drive a Festiva(I like to think a smart one). I have yet to find anyone my age that actually knows what their talking about when it comes to cars.

I hate the "kid" attitude and mentality.

I love FordFestiva.com
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post

And the younger , the worst it gets. Hondas , Volks , Mustangs, These cars are produced so massively , it attacts massive amount of ''enthousiasts'' , and amongst them , a massive amount of kids that have nothing else to say but idiotic stuff - cause they donno squat (about the car in general- specially when its time to get your hands dirty.)
          I'm not going to lie... I don't know much at all about working on cars. But I love Festiva's and would say I am a car/festiva enthusiast. Fortunately the festiva community is much more willing to teach than others. Whats the point of a forum if everybody knows everything already?

I do agree though people really don't understand the Festiva. Especially younger people. I get these 15 year old kids talking crap about something they have no idea about haha. It can be irritating but eh there loss.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post

Hey I'm only 18 and I can assure you I'm a pretty level headed kid. I had a beautiful dodge ram truck, but bought a Festiva because I couldn't afford it. Now I sold the truck and might have two more festivas by next week. I love getting my hands dirty and accomplishing something under the hood. Not trying to get mad or get on your case about this, I just had to say not all us young kids are stupid tune kids. Lol just my two cents

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
            91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
              I have yet to find anyone my age that actually knows what their talking about when it comes to cars.
              Me neither. I'm 22. A guy at work once told me he put a turbo on his ranger over the weekend, then his excuse for not outrunning my neon was, "I didn't have it in overdrive or I would have taken you."

One older "backyard mechanic" I work with once asked me(when I told him one of my front tires was bald), "Is it on the pullin' side?" I couldn't even laugh. I just stared in disbelief thinking, "This guy works on his own cars?".

This is typical of the "car guys" I am around most times. This place is refreshing.
              Last edited by sketchman; 01-31-2011, 06:42 AM.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Thats when you say. Oh that sux! Want to try again? See if you can get it into overdrive.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                X