Festiva a Gremlin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva a Gremlin...

I just went through a drive-thru the other day and the chick thought my car was an AMC Gremlin. This was a first for me. Has anyone else had this happen?

Never had that one happen, although somebody thought it was a Yugo one time.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

Comment

I've had a couple people ask if my Festiva is a Honda. Always a good laugh

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
      91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

I have had chicks say my car is cute but never mistaken for a diffrent car.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I get cute all the time, but never a Gremlin before. I thought that was funny.

Comment

I get "Metro" so often that I'm thinking of putting a sticker on the back saying "It ain't no Metro, it's a Festiva"

Other than that, my car has been called a Rabbit before.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Wait wait wait, I do recall somebody saying "nice fiesta". My mom commonly mistakes it for that.
              89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
              My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                I get "Metro" so often that I'm thinking of putting a sticker on the back saying "It ain't no Metro, it's a Festiva"
                Thats funny. Nobody has called my Festiva a Metro, but everytime I pass a Metro they almost break their neck trying to look at my Festiva. It's probably because the Festiva looks so much better.:p

But I have only had one person call my Festiva another name, and it was the guy working at Autozone and he called it a Fiesta. Everybody else just doesn't even try to identify it.
                '90 LX

Comment

I always get asking if it is a Fiesta or Yugo

Comment

My '89 was mistaken for a Renault Le Car once.
                    Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                    Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                    White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                    White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                    Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                    Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                    Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                    White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Yup all the time dude don't you have that fiesta ha.... Nope I have a festiva
                      Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                      Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                      AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

I've had a few guys @ school ask me about my Geo Festiva.... or my Ford Metro
                        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                        Projects in the works:
                        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Being an AMC guy, I can't even think how someone can mistake the two. I walked into an auto parts store after getting out of my Eagle and the woman behind the counter asked if that was a Gremlin. It's an AMC but still doesn't look anything like a Gremlin.
                          Rick
                          1993 Ford Festiva
                          1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                          1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                          2000 Ford E350

Comment

Rabbit once, yugo once, both were back in the mid 90's. Fiesta often
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Since the Deathegg is painted like a Mini, I've actually had 2 or 3 people over the years say "I didn't know you had a Mini cooper!"

Um, I didn't know that either!
                              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                              Mark S.

Comment

Working...
                              X