No announcement yet.

Festiva a Gremlin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got the wrong name just the hamtser wheel jokes and the 3 cylinders.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I got asked at a gas station if my Festiva was a VW...I politely said heck no!!
      Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
        Since the Deathegg is painted like a Mini, I've actually had 2 or 3 people over the years say "I didn't know you had a Mini cooper!"

Um, I didn't know that either!
        I can't believe this! I had never even considered this then TODAY I was told they thought cream puff was a mini Cooper!! Trip!!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

With the VW rims on I get the odd person looking the car over, some ask what it is just to be sure.
          Aspires and Sways all around, Miata B6 installed, KYB G2Rs just installed in front. Wish for coil overs someday.

Comment

You know what would REALLY throw people off? Stick on a mustang horse emblem on both fenders.
            "There are three things that survive a nuclear war: Roaches, Chuck Norris, and Ford Festivas."
            --Anonymous

Comment

Theres a guy at the parts store that kids around every time I go in there for parts he looks under Ferrari and claims he can't find my car in the system:?

Comment

"Cute" is what I get most, mainly from girls. I like it from a girl, but not from guys... Not the same "cute". Since everything metal rusts so fast here there's hardly any festivas on the roads around here so ppl just get curious about it.
                J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Comment

At McDonalds drive through: Is that a pinto?

Comment

Pulling into a performance shop I got asked if it was an old jetta. Nope it's a ford I responded.
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

It's always 'Fiesta' for me, I'm assuming because of the new one Ford is selling. I get Roller Skate and Clown Car a lot too...

I've just given up on correcting the Fiesta people, I just smile and nod.
                      -Zack
                      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

yea feista all day long and vw more than i can count too and also someone else mentioned 3cyl and i get that all the time. i also just love when people try to educate me on my car and beleive me that has happened.
                        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

The track announcer (who is a used car dealer during the week) said over the PA system that the Festiva was a 3 cylinder. Of all people, he should know better. An announcer at another track we go to occassionally in NY, gave the Festiva the nickname of the "Box Rocket". I thought that was kinda cool.
                          You gonna race that thing?
                          http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

subie
                            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

When people ask me about my "fiesta" I tell them I don't own one, but that I own a festiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Not a big AMC guy, but I wouldn't mind a Gremlin"X" with the Levi's interior.
                                I could put on bell-bottoms, drive around listening to Elton John or America and imagine Marsha Brady is riding next to me.
                                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                                X