Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Tray installed... 100% bolt on with the factory airbox removed.

Battery in with nifty cambuckle tiedown. Still need to adjust it a little so the buckle is in the middle instead of to the side so it is easier to tighten, but it should work just fine.

Buckle stays hooked together, and the whole thing is attached to the tray on the passenger side, and has a 1" hook on the driver side.
    Could we compile all of your pictures and maybe more to make a sticky for a battery relocation write up?
    Ford Fester

Comment

• started my advanced dynamics shifter linkage upgrade. Also debated whether I am going to go with a bp26 ecu and a b-code rx7 vaf with 330 cc stock gtx injectors or go fully megasquirt with no vaf. I have the megasquirt set-up already. BPT is fun but there is so many options.
      Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
        Did the HG fix your problem? And did you ever run comp tests?
        It runs 100X better now. I never tested the compression, didn't want to spend the $30 to buy a tester, Lol!!

But yeah, I've got all my power back!!

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
        Put gas in it.
        9.083 gallons
        $3.29/gal
        $29.96
        Gas has gone back up a bit, but still under $30 to fill.
        You forgot miles!!

Today I replaced the bolts and the gasket for the header-to-downpipe joint... yay for a quiet car and no more carbon monoxide poisoning!!!
        Buck.
        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Babied Chuck a little more while running pizza last night, and hit 39.6mpg. It was nice (since my average has been about 33). But at the same time, I was kind hoping that babying it wasn't going to make that much of a difference, and I could keep beating on it all the time. But for an extra ~5mpg I guess I'll shift at 1500rpms instead of 2500 lol. Can't wait to get my G4A into green car, especially now that I have a tasty white face tach (thanks Danny, you da MAN!) in it to document the RPM drop of having a fourth gear and a lockup converter .

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
          Could we compile all of your pictures and maybe more to make a sticky for a battery relocation write up?
          If by "we" you mean "someone less lazy with more time on their hands than me", I say go for it lol. Actually I need to compile ALL of my posts about Danny's car into one garage thread, it will basically be a full swap guide for the later B6s, with a little bit of brake work on the side.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• joseph everything is working out great, 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!! glad you like the tach!

max we will start a battery location sticky when you start a short shifter sticky! w/ pics! lol
            Last edited by kumalaba; 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• I can do a short shifter sticky if ya want. There already is one but here's what it consists of.

1. Remove shift knob.
              2. Remove shift boot
              3. Remove spring retainer.
              4. Remove plastic bushing.
              5. Remove bolt from shifter and linkage.
              6. Remove shifter from car.
              7. Install new shifter.
              8. Install old bushing.
              9. Cut spring 1 1/2 coils.
              10. Install spring.
              11. Install shift boot.
              12. Install shifter
              13. Use the advance dynamics shift linkage mod and drill out your new shifter to 1/2".
              14. Drill your linkage to 1/2"
              15. Go to ace hardware and get
              -1-1/2" by 2.5" hardened shouldered bolt
              -2-stainless 1/2" washers
              -2-1/2" plastic washers
              -1-1/2" nylock nut

16. Put some anti seize on bolt and install into shifter and linkage.
              17. Enjoy!
              Ford Fester

Comment

• Called FMS and ordered a pair (yes two :headbang: ) of B3 camshafts
                Automotive Misfit

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                  yea slayer your ride is killer!
                  Thank you very much.
                  93 Festiva L White B6T
                  99 Dodge Ram STL Green Cummins. AKA the Jolly Green Giant
                  89 Festiva Blue
                  91 Green “Mad Maxine” Festiva B6T
                  93 Festiva GL Black BP automatic
                  93 Festiva GL Green stock

Comment

• Advanced shifter bushing #1 installed.
                    Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by Darlo View Post
                      What is the point of changing the odo?
                      Yeah, Fajita has 95k on it, the replacement read 172k.
                      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                      2005 Accord - wife's DD
                      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                        Advanced shifter bushing #1 installed.
                        nice! any link to where you purchased shifter? take care danny
                        Last edited by kumalaba; 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM.
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Compression tested my vehicles.

Festiva scored 75-90-90-75. I poured some oil in cylinder 4 and it shot up over 200PSI.
                          I'm guessing worn or stuck piston rings? My compression was fairly normal at the beginning of summer last year.

My truck did 60-80 PSI and went to 150 on the wet test. That explains why the thing seems to be so slow and gutless.

I was pondering some Seafoam in the crankcase. I'm due for an oil change anyway.
                          What do y'all recommend as a last effort to unstick piston rings?
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Top end cleaning..If Seafoam is your thing use it to slowly kill an idling
                            engine then leave it soaking for 20 minutes. With Seafoam you might
                            repeat the process a couple times. You can lightly throttle the engine
                            as its dying to prolong the die and it will spread the cleaner out a little.
                            Drive it to blow the carbon out. Having some Seafoam in the oil at this
                            point wouldn't hurt, just make sure your oil is still good enough to support
                            a quick test drive before you change it. Some of the cleaning will go
                            downstairs, plan on the oil change.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• I received a package in the mail today from my new hero junspeed! If you're considering buying from this guy DO IT! Shipping was prompt. His packaging is safe. His communication is great. The spoiler is a hard rubber with a metal frame. It has a very subtle Kia emblem on the back edge. It is brand-new and very nice! The ribbed taillights are also brand-new and Eurostyle!

Last edited by neanderpaul; 01-16-2012, 10:53 AM.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• [QUOTE=neanderpaul;480221]I received a package in the mail today from my new hero junspeed! If you're considering buying from this guy DO IT! Shipping was prompt. His packaging is safe. His communication is great. The spoiler is a hard rubber with a metal frame. It has a very subtle Kia emblem on the back edge. It is brand-new and very nice! The ribbed taillights are also brand-new and Eurostyle!

I got my spoiler from junspeed last Thursday, along with a pair of inner door handles. Installed per http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...poiler+install

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X