Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch! SUV spare tire collision?
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• kissed her goodbye

I took Icetiva to a frame shop to get the twist and sway installed by a barrel roll pulled out of her. But they said no way, might as well reinstall the missing headlights and then shoot her between them. Another shell bites the dust!:cry_smile:
      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
        Tornado?
        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Chevy truck.

I was delivering in the aftermath of all that crap and slid into a truck. They can stop a hell of a lot faster than I can...
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• More pictures.

What I hit:

In tow:

After some dis-assembly:

How do you reshape the crossmember?

My seatbelt broke and my nose bashed into the steering wheel.
            Quite swollen now..
            ~Austin
            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Hate to see this Oren. by cross member do you meen radiator support? And did the stitching on your belt break?
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• The cross member is under the car and holds the engine and trans. Just FYI, when I got whacked in my car I just used a hammer to get out what I could. I had to cut the support in the center out then straightened the headlight bucket to the best I could. I used a new fender and hood to figure out where the pieces needed to be then welded the center part back in. The piece that holds the hood latch is very flimsy mine was cracked mostly from the accident and would have broke if I tried straitening it. You did work on that chevy bumper. Lots of test fitting.
                The metal of the support is being bound up, so once you start pulling it out it will want to take original shape with a little tweaking.
                Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM.
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Jeez you slaughtered that trailer hitch stuff. Good luck figuring out what
                  a Festiva subframe and upper core support should look like,
                  I would just bolt in new.

Hope parts from east coast arrive today, a rear transmission mount.
                  Stock B3 5sp.
                  Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• I do mean the radiator support. The part that supports the headlights is bent in on both sides. Even the headlight that didn't break is bent.
                    And yes, the seatbelt stitching broke. I woke up with a nice black eye today.

I don't have a welder and I have no experience with body work. This shall be fun.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Wow ford what's up with all of these belts braking. Recall? I'm calling my local congressman.

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• It's literally just the stitching. I have one that looks really sketch. I'm ready to buy all brand-new belts. I can't get anybody locally to stitch them properly. It's a liability issue.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• My Dad has suggested sewing the belts up again. He's been an upholsterer for 30 years.
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
                            My Dad has suggested sewing the belts up again. He's been an upholsterer for 30 years.
                            We need a how to and sticky it! Roger that?

Comment

• My grandmother has industrial sewing machine too, I'm planning to restitch mine in a few more weeks.... Should be interesting

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
                              Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                              89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
                              Projects in the works:
                              84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

• Pulled the head off of my 323 GTX B6t in preparation for Zanzer coming to inspect it.

Comment

Working...
                                X