Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke the clutch cable. Replacement on order.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• That's strange to break a clutch cable on a stock-ish setup

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        That's strange to break a clutch cable on a stock-ish setup
        You would know. Lol
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• ^ that's funny
          New build on the way .

Comment

• lol got that right, i've broken more cables then i'd like to admit lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• How does one even do that if they know how to drive, lol....... I guess if you are really racing, and temporarily suck, haha.....:nono:..

Comment

• Well mine tends to break because of my hydro-to-cable adapter I made, still ironing out the kinks I guess lol

Comment

• really racing, and temporarily suck, haha.......

Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• indeed........lol

Comment

• 93 Festi with B6T & G25mr
                      I broke way to many things this weekend. The clutch overheated Saturday and started slipping pretty bad in 3rd & 4th, so I had to shift less and be gentle on the throttle. The cv boot ripped open, and we patched it that night with crazy glue and silcone tape. The nut on the top of the front strut rattled off, broke the strut, and we swapped in a new assembly at the track, then later aligned it as I somehow gained 1.25 inches of toe out. A tire blew out, with two studs ripping out, and I spun into a snow bank. I put on a spare. The wire to the alternator burned away by 3 inches, the post on the alternator arced into vapour and the alternator internals won't spin right anymore. At some point the battery quit and I drifted off to a stop. We swapped in a Festi alternator and fixed the wiring, and taped up the cv boot. One or two wins, I lost track. My thanks to Hiroki and Terry for all their help.

Then on Sunday it popped out of third 3 times in 30 seconds, started spewing oil from the main front seal or the dip stick (not sure yet) and lost spark, cruising to a halt, after winning 3 races with a slipping clutch. We pushed it back onto the trailer, and called the weekend a victory. But there sure is a lot of work to do before it ice races again. Such is racing.
                      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Bad luck dude^^^^

I made a sub box for little extra bass. I wanted it discret so I used my spare tire hole.
                        Last edited by Ford Fester; 01-31-2012, 12:17 PM.
                        Ford Fester

Comment

• sneaky!
                          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• just like your b6 in a festiva!
                            Ford Fester

Comment

• Finished wiring in the cruise control. Just waiting on a speed sensor now.

Changed my hatch wiring for GL wiring. Installed a hatch latch with switch. My cargo light now operates automatically.

Now to get working on installing my rear wiper and washer setup.

I also want to find a use for the rear defrost wire. Free 20 amp wire running to the back of the car that already has a switch and indicator light.
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                                just like your b6 in a festiva!
                                lol i took it out today & was sitting at a light when a ricer accord pulled up & was reeving his engine and i didnt look over but as soon as the light turned green i smoked the little 12's for about 20 ft & was about a car length ahead of him by 55 mph! you should of seen his face when he passed me by after i let off!! i dont even know if he was racing me but those tires squeeling really impressed him. lol
                                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                                X