Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Gave it a tuneup, except wires. Damn box of cables they gave me had two cables that go from the distributor to the coil and no cable long enough for plug number 2.
    So I have to go get them exchanged.

Going to install a tachometer sometime tonight.
    Weird... I had one too short in my box last week! They looked at me like I was some kind of thief, then finally the manager took me to the black where they had a rack to choose singles from...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
    1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
    1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
    1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
    1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Originally posted by gadelbert1 View Post
      Weird... I had one too short in my box last week! They looked at me like I was some kind of thief, then finally the manager took me to the black where they had a rack to choose singles from...
      Yeah, I know I am never buying this brand again. lol

That $11 Carol Cable Set from Oriely's

These wires just didn't want to grab the spark plugs, I couldn't even attach the coil to distributor wire after fiddling with it from 15mins, so I just threw the old one back on.

only $11, I am not going to fight it.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
        Ahh...much better!

Good install, looks nice.
        Took me awhile to figure out I needed the screw in the middle to ground it...I never had the old dome light so I didn't have the screws or anything. The screw in the middle also helps pull the dome light up tighter so it's not just hanging by those front screws.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Trying to solve my 30mpg issue, checked spark plug gaps, .06 .055 .055 .055

oh noes Fixed that about to check VAF for free movement.
          91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
          06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
          95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Solved my stabilizer bushing problem(pics posted in another thread on fabrication.) Installed a civic style short-shifter as recommended by many on this forum. Added a Skull shifter handle for more horsepower. Installed an LED dome light array. Still working on a solution to my stereo Remote wire being completely inoperable. Only so many hours in the day.
            "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Sealed up the hole in the exhaust, and installed a Thrush glasspack muffler.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Finally got my Proto 17mm X 3/4" drive hex impact socket.
                There will never be a set of seatbelts that I won't be able to remove from any Festiva. I will either snap the heads off the bolts or the sheet metal from the body will twist off from the weld stud. No more Mr. nice guy. Now I just have to return to Casey's and get those manual seat belts for another honorable FF member.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 09-08-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Picked up some Rio front springs, 2dr Aspire rear springs. Gonna cut them a little more conservatively this time, hopefully that kills off my rubbing issues and gives me a ride quality that's a little better than an oxcart.
                  Also got a '93 Tercel rear bumper, should match the Stylus front pretty well. Going to have to cut a lot of material off though, the sides go right up to the front of the wheel arch. Alternatively I could cut the other way and have it cover half the wheel like a '50s caddy.

Edit: Post#400 woooo!
                  Last edited by Tommychu; 09-08-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    Finally got my Proto 17mm X 3/4" drive hex impact socket.
                    There will never be a set of seatbelts that I won't be able to remove from any Festiva. I will either snap the heads off the bolts or the sheet metal from the body will twist off from the weld stud.
                    Or the weld will snap between the nut and the sheet metal and leave the sheet metal intact so the nut just spins. That happened to the left rear bolt on my tranny member last week, had to cut a hole in the floor to get a wrench on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                      Finally got my Proto 17mm X 3/4" drive hex impact socket.
                      All the Festiva seatbelts I've pulled/replaced required a 16mm socket.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Mine were like 5/8" or something. One of the only customary bolts I've run into. Thought maybe the belts were a Ford US thing. Autobelts, by the way.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Today I pulled a "Smokey and the Bandit" with my big brother DriverOne! x) Hehehe, I drove out to see him at the PitStop, tightened my alternator belt, and then followed him back to my exit behind his Semi. It was so much fun!

Comment

• I my cleaned my MAF and checked my mail for the new lower control arms and tie rods im expecting. But they diddnt show.
                            Doc Browns' other car was a Festiva

Comment

• Took my rear bumper off to find out mother nature did some weight reduction for me:

But I was still able to start hacking new wheel arches out of the Tercel bumper and mocking it up. Also this pic shows the spot where I filled over the wiper hole in my new hatch with SUPER JDM RACING CARBON FIBER ELECTRICAL TAPE

2 license plates wooo!

Also got my new front marker lights figured out, forgot to snap a picture of that.
                              Last edited by Tommychu; 09-09-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                                Mine were like 5/8" or something. One of the only customary bolts I've run into. Thought maybe the belts were a Ford US thing. Autobelts, by the way.
                                5/8" = 16mm They are a standardized automotive fastener. Most Seatbelts in most cars are interchangeable to some extent. I.E. the Bolts I had left over from a Toyota Pickup worked to hold the harnesses in my Festiva.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X