Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Installed the bumper lip and remounted the fog lights so that I can aim them properly. If I remeber correctly the lip was pulled off an early 626. I shortened the sides and took some out of the middle. It was a two piece set up originally so I kept as much of the original connection as I could.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    Looks good Ian, nice Federal 595's too!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

• Originally posted by leapin View Post
      Looks good Ian, nice Federal 595's too!
      Thanks Scott.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Finally hooked up my dash clock I got from Freshtiva last Oct. Yes, I'm lazy. Its beautiful, I love it.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• ^ its about time...pun intended

And Ian I love your car as always
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• repacked rear wheel bearings, left drum brake is still dragging... I unseized the rear brakes in february, the adjuster arms were sloppy loose. Now the hubs are warm after 3 miles, not 10 like they were before the repack. I might have to call a shop to get a quote on how much to get everything sorted out in the rear hubs these have been bugging the h e double hockey sticks out of me for the past 5-6months.
            Owner of:
            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
            In progress:
            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
              repacked rear wheel bearings, left drum brake is still dragging... I unseized the rear brakes in february, the adjuster arms were sloppy loose. Now the hubs are warm after 3 miles, not 10 like they were before the repack. I might have to call a shop to get a quote on how much to get everything sorted out in the rear hubs these have been bugging the h e double hockey sticks out of me for the past 5-6months.
              Cheaper to rebuild them yourself, with new bearings and races, brake parts, etc.

Takes maybe an hour each side.

Comment

• approx 60$ for the bearing stuff, 30$ ish for brake shoes, dunno how much for drums, but I have to order everything online because there are no autoparts store within 40 miles or a 10$ each way ferry ride of me. And today I was using firewood as jackstands and going by feel on the torque specs. I'm also dead nuts broke and I'm looking to get a job this summer at the shop I'll call. Today was discouraging, but it took me about 3 hours to do the repack today.
                Owner of:
                In progress:

Comment

• Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
                  approx 60$ for the bearing stuff, 30$ ish for brake shoes, dunno how much for drums, but I have to order everything online because there are no autoparts store within 40 miles or a 10$ each way ferry ride of me. And today I was using firewood as jackstands and going by feel on the torque specs. I'm also dead nuts broke and I'm looking to get a job this summer at the shop I'll call. Today was discouraging, but it took me about 3 hours to do the repack today.
                  Oh, wow.

Not experienced? (Honest question)

The firewood isn't a big deal, but it really shouldn't take 3 hours to pack bearings. Put a glob of grease in the palm of your hand, scrub the edge of the wider side of the bearing through it, as though you're chopping a bit of it off each time, and use your thumb to spin the bearing inner race as you do it.

This should take, at max, about 20 mins per side, not counting getting the car up and tires off, which you don't necessarily have to take the tires off, but I'd do it if you don't have experience with bearings.

Regarding torque specs, I just usually do it by feel. But again, I have many years of experience doing things like this.

Comment

• Yup, no experience, much of the time was spent cleaning the old grease out per the Haynes manual, the actual packing took about 30 min per side, including getting the drum back on, which was made harder by the fact that it felt like the shoes had pushed out a bit since I took the drums off even though I hadn't touched anything in the brake assembly. I wouldn't normally take anything to a shop, but the hub/brake stuff is a major safety issue if done wrong.
                    Owner of:
                    In progress:

Comment

• Well... My clutch is on it's way out, if it's the original it's lasted 240k O'well might park it soon and swap engines and a 5 spd in it. Nice having a backup car.
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled my headlight switch on my 93 GL. The low beams were out. There are four tiny plastic "bumpers" that move electrical contacts. One seems to be extra and one was missing. So I moved the one that seem to be extra to the place where the one was missing. Problem solved. Then I got it inspected. Then I took the girls to firehouse subs in it for kids eat free night.
                        Last edited by neanderpaul; 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM.
                        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Swapped out the Coolant Temp Sensor on the manifold to try and get some mpg's back.
                          Then I used it as a tractor...
                          Post audio/video links here! (No inapropriate posts - children visit FF.com too!)
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                            Installed junspeed rain guards. Then it rained
                            They looked warped is it because of the damage during transit?
                            I've already made a thicker box for the rain guards.

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                            Greg & Jun those are sweet! Gotta get some; soon!
                            Thanks!
                            Last edited by junspeed; 05-31-2012, 04:42 AM.
                            Godspeed...
                            click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
                            1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
                            93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
                            97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
                            94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
                            95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
                            97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
                            Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
                            97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
                            2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

• Got ready to start ripping out engine, harness and dash from Keith's (loknlode) car. Gonna do the windshield while the dash is out too. This is gonna be one heck of a little car when its done!

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                              Swapped out the Coolant Temp Sensor on the manifold to try and get some mpg's back.
                              Then I used it as a tractor...
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...519#post519519
                              Going to smaller (or at least skinnier) wheels/tires may help your gas mileage You can just send those celica wheels up to GA to have them uh... "properly disposed of"
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I am all set to attempt to change the thermostatic expansion valve assembly inside my evaporator. The Ford part number is E7GZ-19849-A.

Comment

Working...
                                X