Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought the Aspire rear beam up to the barn and set it in front of the new one. Then walked away. LOL

Comment

• I saw a geo on the way home from work and couldn't resist passing him just because... Festivas are cooler than Geos!
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
        I saw a geo on the way home from work and couldn't resist passing him just because... Festivas are cooler than Geos!
        Can I get a "Amen"!! lol
        Mike Holmgren
        Thief Rvr Fls, MN
        1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
        "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
          Can I get a "Amen"!! lol
          Yeah! Sure he was like what the .... when I went by at 80ish :lol: it was on a 4 lane.. 65 spd limit.
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
          -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
          -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• AMEN!!
            Owner of:
            1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
            In progress:
            BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

• I thought about a catch can. Should I do it on the PCV line or on the little tube that runs directly from the valve cover to the intake piping? I know I have some oil getting sucked in there as the intake piping always has some in it.
              ~Austin
              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                I thought about a catch can. Should I do it on the PCV line or on the little tube that runs directly from the valve cover to the intake piping? I know I have some oil getting sucked in there as the intake piping always has some in it.
                I'm not really sure. I'd try both and see which one has more crap in it.

Or block the direct line and run it on the PCV.

HF has everything you need for like $18.

Comment

• Run the pcv hose to the can, then to the intake where the pcv did go.
                  Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                  93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                  91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                  93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                  15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                  88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
                    Run the pcv hose to the can, then to the intake where the pcv did go.
                    What about the VC vent line?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
                      What about the VC vent line?
                      Plug the intake side and install a breather filter on the VC.

I drove mine to Greenwood to meet up with Spike, then made my way to Southeastway Park to check shelter availability as a backup plan for...

IndyStiva!
                      91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                      92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                      95 Grand Prix SE DD
                      Wife's Stuff:
                      89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                      97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                      Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
                        Plug the intake side and install a breather filter on the VC.

I drove mine to Greenwood to meet up with Spike, then made my way to Southeastway Park to check shelter availability as a backup plan for...

IndyStiva!
                        Illegal.

Also, creates improper PCV operation because the vacuum from the PCV will pull from the easiest path, so instead of pulling the fumes from the block like it should, it'll just pull air from the filter on the other side of the VC. I'd sooner put a bolt in the hose than use a pod filter.

Comment

• I've also seen folks cap them off altogether. One reason I like Indiana, no emissions tests .
                          Last edited by link5186; 06-11-2012, 10:59 PM.
                          91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                          92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                          95 Grand Prix SE DD
                          Wife's Stuff:
                          89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                          97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                          Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• Wow. The answers are all over the place, haha.
                            I'll look into the construction and placement of the catch can while everyone decides where it should attach
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I ran one for years, the vc vent that goes to the intake pipe, leave it alone, that way the pcv is pulling metered air thru the vc instead of atmosphere. As long as you don't vent the catch can it should be legal. The only difference in the whole system would be the catch can and its just giving the oil vapors a space to condense and collect instead of going directly into the manifold.
                              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
                                I've also seen folks cap them off altogether. One reason I like Indiana, no emissions tests .
                                That would still pass the federal emissions regulations because it doesn't bypass any of the emissions equipment. It just makes it so the entire bulk of fumes has to pass through the PCV valve instead of using the direct head vent.

I'm not a lawyer, though. I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X