Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .... X3
    A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

• Pulled it into the carport to install the turbo setup, popped the hood and starred at it for about 5 minutes then went back inside because of how cold it was today lol.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

• Installed that turnbuckle I posted about earlier, and it works AWESOME! The brake cable is as tight as can be when pulled 6-8 clicks!

Bad news though...... I installed a second pair of fog/driving lamps and blew my "main" fuse on the way home with everything on. This would be really bad EXCEPT for the fact that I was only using a 30A fuse as my main, and it should be 40A...... I really hope once I get the proper fuse in there all will be well, as well as bright.

Comment

• So this second festiva I just mistakenly bought needs to be crushed. It is TRASHHHHEDD
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Reinstalled the head on Festevil... only to find that apparently the head bolts take some other socket size than 12pt 12mm? Uhhh, thats not cool? I was able to do the first step of torquing with a 6pt 14mm, but I don't think I wanna try to goto 65/70 with that. Its an '88 carbie, and the bolts are 12pt, just something bigger than 12mm, and I'm assuming smaller than 14mm since the 6pt 14mm fit on them smoothly, but not really tight. I guess maybe 13mm or 1/2"? Never had this problem before, as I always keep a 12pt 12mm in my toolbox. And I've had the heads off of two other carbies before, and a handful of EFI motors. Anyone know what size I need?
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• It's been a few years but I seem to remember 13mm 12 pt.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• What a dumb size to use on a car that has everything else as 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, and 29. Lol. Thanks for the tip Paul, I guess I need to add that to the toolbox then

200K, whats wrong with your new car that it needs to be crushed? I know of only two things that can kill a festiva, and that is undercarriage rust (though some have fixed even that) and a bad title. So, which one is it?
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  What a dumb size to use on a car that has everything else as 8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, and 29. Lol. Thanks for the tip Paul, I guess I need to add that to the toolbox then

200K, whats wrong with your new car that it needs to be crushed? I know of only two things that can kill a festiva, and that is undercarriage rust (though some have fixed even that) and a bad title. So, which one is it?
                  Very rusty... and it has been rearended at some point in time. Structure is all crushed in by driver rear tire but from outward appearances you can't really tell. It makes my other festy look MINT
                  Buck.
                  -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• Suckage
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                      Very rusty... and it has been rearended at some point in time. Structure is all crushed in by driver rear tire but from outward appearances you can't really tell. It makes my other festy look MINT
                      Still much can be salvaged.
                      How is the engine, glass, tranny, interior, headlights, radiator, etc, etc.
                      Still might get your money worth in parts alone.
                      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                      Your holy ghost will not save you.
                      Your God plutonium will not save you.
                      In fact...
                      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        Still much can be salvaged.
                        How is the engine, glass, tranny, interior, headlights, radiator, etc, etc.
                        Still might get your money worth in parts alone.
                        X2!

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          It's been a few years but I seem to remember 13mm 12 pt.
                          I remember it being 12mm 12pt

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• It's possible I could get more parting it out. It has 13"s too that I would like to keep... but I can't take them off because out of the 9 spare 12"s I somehow accumulated, I don't have 4 that hold air LOL
                            Buck.

Comment

• I'm going to try to sell it outright first though... cause I could really use the money right about now.
                              Buck.

Comment

• I thought about mine
                                -Greg
                                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                                Redneck Engineer
                                FOTY - '09
                                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                                X