Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up the center console with cupholders and a dome light all from a taurus at my local yard. install in nutty's thread tomorrow
    "I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Started assembly of the shortblock on my B6 build. Had to call DNJ engine parts to find out what side of the rings to install "up". For the life of me, I couldn't see any bevels or markings on the rings...I even put on my bi-focals, LOL. Turns out there was some tiny words etched on them ("ROCK" and "1.5 STD"). - but I still couldn't see any beveled edges...it sucks getting old!
      Last edited by blkfordsedan; 09-12-2012, 10:33 PM.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• Props to SkimSucka
        ;
        www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
        rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
        '92 Festiva L M/T
        '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Mileage? Any leaks or drips? What about at the power steering pump?
          144k, leaks/drips nothing anywhere. compression is as follows: 170+, 15, 70, 115. runs well enough above 3500, but always sounds like a WRX with an exhaust.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Maybe it sat fro awhile and the rings are stuck to the piston lands? I've encountered that a few times. A good soaking in hot ATF and a shake-down run usually frees them up unless there's something seriously stuck or something else wrong there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              144k, leaks/drips nothing anywhere. compression is as follows: 170+, 15, 70, 115. runs well enough above 3500, but always sounds like a WRX with an exhaust.
              Those look like the numbers on the B3 I just pulled. Time for a B6 swap!

OH! I drove mine another gentle 100+ miles, got a quick car wash, and rang her up to about 103 on 54 before I saw headlights and slowed down. Had to dry her off before getting on my dirt road, you understand
              Last edited by scitzz; 09-13-2012, 06:54 AM.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattrhodes850 View Post
                Usually I despise seeing interior plastics getting painted anything but their original color, but on cars that don't have the trim that goes between the door card and the window, I'm actually digging this look! Nice job!
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• my wife was wanting me to do my back seat armrest but i don't want to do to much.
                  ;
                  rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                  '92 Festiva L M/T
                  '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• She needs a Festy!
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• THAT is a LOT of blue! The back would be overwhelming. What paint are you using Matt?

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• I think finally fixed the extreme right pull! Too much toe out. Way too tight above 40 so may need a little adjustment
                        91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                          Usually I despise seeing interior plastics getting painted anything but their original color, but on cars that don't have the trim that goes between the door card and the window, I'm actually digging this look! Nice job!
                          There is a trim that goes between the door card and the window?
                          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                          Random Festiva Parts
                          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                            There is a trim that goes between the door card and the window?
                            Yeah, it's a little cushioned piece of plastic, gray or tan, that runs along the metal above the door card. Usually comes on the non-L cars? Atleast to what I've seen.

I have my driver's L-Plus door with the trim, and my passenger L door without. Been too lazy to put it on.
                            White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                            White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                            1988 LX 5-speed
                            ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• i am using some free paint from work it is a safety blue color but is close to car color but not exact.
                              i thought it would be to much blue
                              the armrest panels are all scratched up i might just sand a little and repaint grey
                              ;
                              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                              '92 Festiva L M/T
                              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                                Yeah, it's a little cushioned piece of plastic, gray or tan, that runs along the metal above the door card. Usually comes on the non-L cars? Atleast to what I've seen.

I have my driver's L-Plus door with the trim, and my passenger L door without. Been too lazy to put it on.
                                ha my 88LX has it on the passenger side. I had to rip off the driver side it was dry rotted and cracked up. Nov I gotta get all the glue off from the little pad cushion.
                                2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
                                2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
                                1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

Working...
                                X