Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new battery, some new wipers, Autolite copper plugs, floor mats, and replaced the fuseable links with proper fuses.

Walmart fails at cataloging their batteries, they list the MAXX battery for the Festiva as 35N, so pick it up and purchase it, walk out to put it in my car, and as I am putting the battery in, I realize it is too damn tall for the fasteners. So I went back in it and with my old battery for comparison, and none of the MAXX batteries are the right size, so I just grabbed a slightly shorter one and made it fit.
    Would have just returned it and went somewhere else, but apparently they don't accept returns on batteries, only exchanges, even if I bought the damn thing less than 10min before bringing it back.

Also found out when I was using those Bosch plugs, my MPG went down to 28MPG, that is atrocious for a 5 speed Festy. Hopefully these new copper Autolites fix that.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post
      Pics of GHI's trans carnage:
      Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
      That last picture just looked awful!
      White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
      White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
      1988 LX 5-speed
      ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Bought a new battery, some new wipers, Autolite copper plugs, floor mats, and replaced the fuseable links with proper fuses.

Walmart fails at cataloging their batteries, they list the MAXX battery for the Festiva as 35N, so pick it up and purchase it, walk out to put it in my car, and as I am putting the battery in, I realize it is too damn tall for the fasteners. So I went back in it and with my old battery for comparison, and none of the MAXX batteries are the right size, so I just grabbed a slightly shorter one and made it fit.
        Would have just returned it and went somewhere else, but apparently they don't accept returns on batteries, only exchanges, even if I bought the damn thing less than 10min before bringing it back.

Also found out when I was using those Bosch plugs, my MPG went down to 28MPG, that is atrocious for a 5 speed Festy. Hopefully these new copper Autolites fix that.
        That's a bull policy that they don't enforce if you complain to a mgr about it. Especially if you tell them that they're cataloging the batteries incorrectly and you bought the battery as a result of their mistake.

By law, however, they CANNOT give you back the core battery after you've turned it in (at least in PA/NY), so you'd be out a battery that way.

Comment

• Redneck tree removal service... that's a 24' fly ladder there, the saws are in the back, including a 12' collapsible pole saw.

Ended up not cutting the tree down, pruned it out instead, plus removing limbs from a tree out back and brush cleanup.

6 hours of "work" over 2 days, total expenses were about $100 (including paying help).

Job paid $400 plus a $100 completion bonus.

Average pay per hour - $50 (without the bonus).

I love my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christ View Post
            That's a bull policy that they don't enforce if you complain to a mgr about it. Especially if you tell them that they're cataloging the batteries incorrectly and you bought the battery as a result of their mistake.

By law, however, they CANNOT give you back the core battery after you've turned it in (at least in PA/NY), so you'd be out a battery that way.

I didn't feel like fighting with em today. This battery fits, so its not a big deal.

I kept the old battery though since core was only $9, could prove useful.

Comment

• I THINK I got my surging/stuttering problem fixed (little oil in the distributor cap, and on the rotor!) Then I tinted the tail lights!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
              1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
              1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
              1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
              1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• Just yeah...... (need arena access for link to work)

For those without arena access, i got my car running mint with the turbo setup

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Can I have arena access? How do you get it?
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• ^^Just PM an administrator (orange username) for arena access

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Ordered a power lock kit off ebay, real pain having to use a key to lock and unlock the hatch all the time.

Having them on the main doors is just a added bonus.

Can't wait to install it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Ordered a power lock kit off ebay, real pain having to use a key to lock and unlock the hatch all the time.

Having them on the main doors is just a added bonus.

Can't wait to install it.
                        I'd like to know how easy this install is when you are done. I have a new hatch with no key and even my old hatch my key didn't work on it so I couldn't lock it...and if I did I had to unlock it by crawling in the back and pushing the lever over.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                          I'd like to know how easy this install is when you are done. I have a new hatch with no key and even my old hatch my key didn't work on it so I couldn't lock it...and if I did I had to unlock it by crawling in the back and pushing the lever over.
                          same here. You should do a write up(TorqueEffect) and a lot of pictures is a plus.
                          ;
                          www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                          '92 Festiva L M/T
                          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• lock kits are EASY on a Festiva/Aspire. I've done it a couple of times. The ones I did at least are basically just a solenoid that goes up and down. they have an arm with a clamp on it, that clamps on to the bar that goes up to your lock. REALLY simple to do. Hmmm... now I'm thinking the current Festy needs them!

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
                            1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                            1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
                            1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
                            1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
                            1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
                            1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

• You could also get a door lock motor out of the JY. That way if the motor goes bad, you can go back and get another one cheap.
                              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

• Slept over 8 hours like a baby in the back of my Festiva. My Styrofoam subfloor is very comfy. I haven't gotten that much sleep in over a month, not bad for a rest area somewhere in Western Arkansas.
                                Could have used that automatic hatch popper, locking myself in the back is a real problem with the solid back race seats and a harness bar. Lol.
                                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                                X