Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Slept over 8 hours like a baby in the back of my Festiva. My Styrofoam subfloor is very comfy. I haven't gotten that much sleep in over a month, not bad for a rest area somewhere in Western Arkansas.
    Could have used that automatic hatch popper, locking myself in the back is a real problem with the solid back race seats and a harness bar. Lol.
    The best sleep I've ever gotten was in a Nebraska rest area. You wanna talk QUIET, man... A semi passed on the highway when my co-driver and I were sleeping. Once. I love the rest areas, and I'm glad for states that have them!

That being said, are you related to Chuck Norris? 8 hours on styrofoam in a 4x5' enclosure? My god!
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• ^^^HAHA are you related to chuck Norris?!
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• The Norris family used to watch me after school.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Found my floor pan is rusting out.

a hole about the size of one of those large jawbreakers, and hole about a quarter of an inch wide and about a foot in length that runs down the edge, making it very difficult to get cut out and a new piece welded in.
          1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
          2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
          1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• It might be similar to what happened to me. The salt water entered from the corner of the plenum and then ran down behind the carpet and along the seam of the floorpan. It originated way up under the dash above where the wiring harness enters the firewall. Check there first.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              It might be similar to what happened to me. The salt water entered from the corner of the plenum and then ran down behind the carpet and along the seam of the floorpan. It originated way up under the dash above where the wiring harness enters the firewall. Check there first.
              The body does have over 300K miles on it.
              I will go get some pictures of this rusted floorpan. I may just have to cheap out on the repair, clean the rust out, seal it from moisture, and fix the hole with some fiberglass.

How would I go about checking that spot without removing the dash?
              Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-03-2012, 01:33 PM.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Washed and waxed yesterday. It's amazing how red this car is when clean.

Today I checked out a new Festiva at the yard.
                Black 89 L.
                Wrecked on passenger rear.

Pretty colour. Black metallic looks like.

I took the grille and the center bezel (it wasn't broken!).

~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• little things

Well, after fresh paint on my 89 L .....I put on the bodyside molding in 2" width and put door edge guards on and decided on a 1/4" strip down the body line. Some like ....some don't.....I do. Pics comin soon.
                  92 GL, 98k
                  77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• ^ you need to bring that car out sometime and show it off!!!

Thisweekend is a good weekend to do that. Come to FM6 with us !!!
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post

I took the grille and the center bezel (it wasn't broken!).

Keeping the grill? I'm looking for a pre-90 grill like that!
                      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                      Random Festiva Parts
                      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I've already installed it. Look at the second picture.
                        I like it. Much better than my 90s one I painted black.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Changed the oil filter and refilled. Rear main seal drips a quart every 3k.. just going to leave it excellent rust prevention. Switched out one tire with a spare. Trying to figure out which one is bad.. I'm cursed when it comes to tires.
                          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Tried and tried and tried to get the bolts out of the trailing arm to body brackets. Ain't moving.
                            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

• Plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor button, oxygen sensor, air filter, passenger side outer door handle. Painted this steelies black, conditioned the bumpers. Tomorrow it's a water temperature sensor and a fuel filter. Madness here we come!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• trailing arm to body brackets... 3 bolts on the rear suspension bracket? or the single bolt on the lower control arm? I don't know slang for trailing arm.. isn't a trailing arm the little 4-6" rod connecting to a sway bar / independent suspension style setup?

An impact gun will do the best job or heating up the bolt. others will have better suggestions I'm sure.
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X