Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love those wheels. Did you snag them off eBay? There were some on there I was interested in buying, but they were sold before I had the cash.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
      Love those wheels. Did you snag them off eBay? There were some on there I was interested in buying, but they were sold before I had the cash.
      Yes, they are Wed brand from Japan. I got them for $100 but the shipping was $115...lol They are 6 X 14 and I converted to studs and nuts. I had to use a 1/4 spacer in the back but the fronts fit fine. I haven't rolled the fender lips out yet, but I'm gonna have to.
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Gave it some mello yello.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• ^ drool
          Mike Holmgren
          Thief Rvr Fls, MN
          1989 Festiva L, carb. 4 spd.
          "If at first you don't succeede, get a bigger hammer. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway."

Comment

• Originally posted by 2xclutchin View Post
            ^ drool
            I like Mello Yello too.
            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

• Got the driver side power lock actuator mounted and wired in the door, will be doing the passenger door and hatch tomorrow, got too cold for me to finish it up today.
              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• ^^ that sounds pretty exciting!
                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Replaced right rear bearings (they ended up looking perfectly fine.. but had it apart and replaced, guess I'll put the old passenger bearings on the driver's when time comes [and it will, very soon :bs:]), checked to see if my brake fluid leak is the wheel cylinder.. no dice. Calipers aren't leaking, brake lines aren't leaking, MC not leaking.. WHAT'S LEFT?!

Left-front tire was about to go, had WalMart slap on a spare used for now. Time to finally get aligned and new tires.. hope I don't need to replace too much to get an alignment.

All this, and now I've got a sound from the back-left. Between a squeak and a grind. I hate my %#%&*@# spindles!

Now to find money for Aspire swap again. Gotta stop spending what little I collect.

Also gave a ride to a friend. He couldn't believe how peppy 'that box-freezer of a car' was. Being an Auto, it really moves. I beat a rusty GrandAm from a light a few days ago.

VV First line in my signature is the absolute truth. It's a project that'll never end, but never die.
                  White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                  White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                  1988 LX 5-speed
                  ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Originally posted by rbrown View Post
                    I like Mello Yello too.
                    What does it taste like? I have never seen it before. What store carries it? I like the wheels too. I am not too crazy about the headlights though.

Comment

• My gutted PS pump has been squeaking over the passed few weeks, it's been driving me nuts but I've been too focused on keeping oil in it, but now it's finally holding its fluids so i finally got time to get the pump changed, although I didn't get a chance to gut the new pump before install so it sounds similar to a SC lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• I bought a Festiva power steering pump rebuild kit from NAPA auto parts just down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                          What does it taste like? I have never seen it before. What store carries it? I like the wheels too. I am not too crazy about the headlights though.
                          Think Mountain Dew.
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by scitzz View Post
                            Think Mountain Dew.
                            Sans the bromination.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• A..mellow Mountian Dew. Sweeter. I think its a Coke product. Must be hard on you livin' in a deprived fourigne country. JK, we really like our northern cousins
                              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Got the actuators for the power locks mounted and tested, but I am having trouble with the hatch locking, it will unlock with no problem, but will only lock if the hatch is open or not fully closed. ???

Only thing I can think of is that the motor isn't powerful enough. I will try disconnection the lock barrel from the rod tomorrow to see if that take enough strain off the actuator to lock the hatch while it is closed. That or douse the latch with WD40.
                                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-08-2012, 10:14 PM.
                                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Working...
                                X