Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added some massive train horns to my festy yesterday. Video tomorrow maybe.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I can't wait to hear it!
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Flw Sock View Post
        Added some massive train horns to my festy yesterday. Video tomorrow maybe.
        I want one!

Comment

• Did you install a compressor to power it with air?

Comment

• Drove 80 miles down to Oklahoma City (again!) to try and get a new muffler installed via a Midas warranty. "Try" is the operative word there....

90 minute drive there. Waited about an hour to get my turn on one of the lifts and as soon as they got it up the manager showed me there were holes not only in the muffler but in the exhaust pipe upstream from the muffler. He said no upstream exhaust pipes were in stock (no surprise there) and he normally could just fabricate one right there at the shop but he didn't have any 2" pipe available.

So....back to OKC I'll go in about a week when he either finds a stock pipe or the materials to make one.

Crap!...
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• IMG_1274[1].jpgIMG_1275[1].jpgWhat I've been up to the last few days.banana time
              If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• That FMS bumper is looking nice!
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Ordered a Denso o2 Sensor from Rockauto, hopefully this cures the rich running problem.

If it doesn't then I may need to advance the timing for the larger exhaust someone in the past put on the car.
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Twistiva, if your exhaust from the cat back is OEM, or even if it isn't(just so long as the cat studs are intact), you can order the mid pipe,muffler, and two of the same gaskets and install it your self, at home.
                    Using just a set of jack stands.
                    I do recommend using stainless steel fasteners (nuts on the cat and two of a proper sized bolt and nut set on the mid-pipe flange to muffler flange) for easy replacement later.
                    Done this many times.
                    No welding required.
                    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                    Your holy ghost will not save you.
                    Your God plutonium will not save you.
                    In fact...
                    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• you can order all the stock parts on ebay in AP or Walker and bolt them on. If you spend a bit of time scrolling down through the listings you can do it with all the new gaskets for $120 or so with free shipping.
                      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Tested the 0-60, bone stock B3 with all interior and then some. It did 0-60 in an appalling 16 seconds. I have no idea what the norm for a bone stock Festiva is, but I bet I could have at least shaved a sec or two off if my launch and shifts were better.

As I came to the end of the street after hitting 65, I hit the brakes and then the engine stalled. Any ideas why that would happen?

Comment

• did it start back up and run fine? I think the engine loses vacuum when you close the TB. and then hitting the brakes will draw even more vacuum. Someone else who knows more about all the factors will have to chime in.. I would think with a perfectly timed release of the throttle and hitting the brakes it would shutter pretty good but shouldn't stall. You could have a dirty IAC valve which is pretty common.. but not sure.
                          Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
                            did it start back up and run fine? I think the engine loses vacuum when you close the TB. and then hitting the brakes will draw even more vacuum. Someone else who knows more about all the factors will have to chime in.. I would think with a perfectly timed release of the throttle and hitting the brakes it would shutter pretty good but shouldn't stall. You could have a dirty IAC valve which is pretty common.. but not sure.
                            Yes, started up and ran just fine.

Where is this IAC located so I can clean it?

Comment

• if you have EFI, standing at the front of the car, it is on the bottom right of the intake manifold. It is a little "mase" sized canister with a blue cap, two big hoses (air) and two little hoses (coolant). carb cars don't have 'em afaik. I've contemplated removing the intake hose to mine and drowning it with seafoam or MAF cleaner, letting it sit and then turning on the car to run. I actually don't plug mine in, ever, because it is clogged. Do research before doing anything crazy, I'm not responsible.

and afaik, a true clog will make you have a sporadic idle, changing by around 500rpm at a time. Makes you look like an idiot at stop lights, lol. It could be something else, or just a fluke.
                              Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• Originally posted by walth View Post
                                if you have EFI, standing at the front of the car, it is on the bottom right of the intake manifold. It is a little "mase" sized canister with a blue cap, two big hoses (air) and two little hoses (coolant). carb cars don't have 'em afaik. I've contemplated removing the intake hose to mine and drowning it with seafoam or MAF cleaner, letting it sit and then turning on the car to run. I actually don't plug mine in, ever, because it is clogged. Do research before doing anything crazy, I'm not responsible.

and afaik, a true clog will make you have a sporadic idle, changing by around 500rpm at a time. Makes you look like an idiot at stop lights, lol. It could be something else, or just a fluke.
                                I have had stalling at stop lights and stop signs in the past, but not recently. It does sound as if this valve is just sticking a bit, a little cleaning wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X