Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I removed the glasspack and put on a Walker Soundfit muffler. Part number 11011 at autozone. Please note that someone in the past put on a 2inch exhaust on the car and has no muffler flange.
    What diameter are the outlets that Walker muffler? Auto Zone is asking $30.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      2inch in, 2inch out.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post

data by link5186, on Flickr

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
        What were you thinking????
        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          Though I would recommend searching for one that is not as long so it doesn't stick out.

Comment

• FMS Strut Brace #2.jpgFMS Front Strut Brace. More goodies to come.
            If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Got the majority of a steering rack swap done today on my 89' old rack had one of the inner tie rods completely shot, just decided to replace the whole rack with a good tight one I saved from a parts car with half the miles! Car will be on the road soon!
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Originally posted by link5186 View Post

data by link5186, on Flickr

Sent from the bathroom via crapatalk.
                Yikes, Dale!

What happened, are you guys alright? Mom and I hope you're a-okay.
                White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                1988 LX 5-speed
                ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Yesterday - replaced very leaky wheel cylinder - passenger side. Got it all slapped back together (off and on in about 30min - which is very good for me lol), had a friend helping me bleed brakes... we get everything bled out, go to do the left-rear (side I didn't replace, or want to mess with).. and the bleeder valve is COMPLETELY stripped-out. An hour trying to get at it with every wrench we had, vice grips, everything.. had to drive to Advance to pick up another wheel cylinder.

Then of course, trying to get it off, the brake line's rusted on..

All in all, turned a 45min job into over 4 hours. And I don't think we bled the brakes right.. kinda squishy, but atleast I have pressure again (we bled everything correctly.. possibly we needed to bleed Master Cylinder? I dunno.). When the cylinder decided to bust, I had 100% zero brakes. Downshifting with an automatic - not that fun.

Lesson learned. Preventative maintenance is never a bad thing. Now I can drive the 70-mile roundtrip to work safely.
                  Last edited by Spike; 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM.
                  1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Yesterday change transmission and new flywheel and clutch
                    Now my speedo works
                    I kept the transmission and clutch and flywheel so if anyone is in need of these parts PM me the transmission works fine the speedo gear in it just nicked loose so no speedo unless you take transmission apart and fix.
                    ;
                    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                    '92 Festiva L M/T
                    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                      Yesterday - replaced very leaky wheel cylinder - passenger side. Got it all slapped back together (off and on in about 30min - which is very good for me lol), had a friend helping me bleed brakes... we get everything bled out, go to do the left-rear (side I didn't replace, or want to mess with).. and the bleeder valve is COMPLETELY stripped-out. An hour trying to get at it with every wrench we had, vice grips, everything.. had to drive to Advance to pick up another wheel cylinder.

Then of course, trying to get it off, the brake line's rusted on..

All in all, turned a 45min job into over 4 hours. And I don't think we bled the brakes right.. kinda squishy, but atleast I have pressure again (we bled everything correctly.. possibly we needed to bleed Master Cylinder? I dunno.). When the cylinder decided to bust, I had 100% zero brakes. Downshifting with an automatic - not that fun.

Lesson learned. Preventative maintenance is never a bad thing. Now I can drive the 70-mile roundtrip to work safely.
                      I need to do the same on mine, same cylinder too. But I have the misfortune of having the lock-washer stuck on the threads, so I can't even get at the cylinder. Luckily it is a rather slow leak, I only have to top up my fluid once a week.

I sure hope that fluid isn't bad for the rubber on the tires.

Think I may try drilling out the tab on the washer tomorrow to get that ****er off, I just need to find a replacement washer.

Comment

• Good luck! Didn't know they could be such a pain, they looked so easy.
                        1988 LX 5-speed

Gone:

Comment

• I will say this though, now that my B3 has some back-pressure now with a proper muffler instead of that glasspack crap, it warms up helluva lot faster, and my steering wheel no longer shakes when sitting idle.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Friday night I picked up two 89s. A L 4spd and a Lx auto. The L needs a good carb clean but I was able to limp it home. Had to trailer the Lx but after messing with it last night it looks like I just need to swap in one of my spare fuel pumps to get it going again.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• Score!! 89lx auto FTW!! One of my favs!
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Filled the gas tank, and ordered a lock-washer at oReilly, part#618-011.1, sure hope it fits.

My tank got 35.5mpg, but about half the tank went toward a trip to Cincy where I was in a hurry and was speeding the whole way there, so that is probably what killed the overall gas mileage.

Comment

Working...
                                X