Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This.

FC Rx7 spare tires.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      This.

FC Rx7 spare tires.
      As skinny as they are. They look real cool!!! :thumbup:

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• NICE.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• ..how long did it take to collect FOUR RX-7 spares? LOL. They look awesome, though. I'll buy them for spare tire prices..

-Joe
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• So that water pump inlet housing I sent to dickmeyer arrived A few days ago.
            It looks great he soda blasted it to get it clean it looks brand new.
            The gasket surface was milled flat it seemed.
            And everything fit perfect. It bolted up and had no leaks.
            And also it gave me an extra inch of clearance from the number one primary.

I went a head and bolted the longtubes to the block.
            I removed the studs and,
            I used new grade 10.9 USA steel bolts for all the bolt holes.
            And removed the studs.
            I figured over time the pinch nuts would eat away at the threads
            And possibly cause the flange to not stay sealed over time.

Also the flange was thinner than stock so I used a couple washers on each bolt. It also helped cut down on scratches in the coating.

Refilled the cooling system with all new coolant.
            As well as scrubbing the overflow container the best I could from the built up residue over the years.

Here's a pics of the housing. photobucket won't let me copy links.
            Stupid f******* piece of s*** photobucket.
            I liked the old version better

Last edited by rmoltis; 07-04-2013, 02:38 PM.
            Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Here's a couple shots of the extractors to go with the last post.

It's not super visible but there's about "1-1.5" of clearance for primary #1 now.

And here is the collector. You can see where I had my cat relocated from the last header.
              Also the old o2 sensor plugged in with a temporary splice job.
              Until I can get my extensions made for the new o2 sensors.

Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Originally posted by Spike View Post
                ..how long did it take to collect FOUR RX-7 spares? LOL. They look awesome, though. I'll buy them for spare tire prices..

-Joe
                I'm still looking for number 4. I could have bought it by now but refuse to pay over 50 a wheel. I paid 35 plus shipping for these 3, about 6 months apart. I've been looking for 2 years. Ebay is the only way to score 'em, because they are long gone in the salvage cars.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Really? I will look in the next RX-7 I find in the junkyard.

Comment

• Last night a coworker and another friend help with my Festiva.
                    We got the old engine out and are nearly ready to drop the new one in.
                    ~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Got the aspire swap just about tweaked, and packed her up, set to drive to 4thStiva!
                      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

• Engine is in and car is running.

My new clutch is so... rough. It engages hard. And the pedal has much more play than before.
                        There is a weird whirring sound on the belt side of the engine.
                        The idle will sometimes stay around 1500-2000RPM until I push the throttle plate closed. I've adjusted the dash pot.
                        ~Austin
                        Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                          Engine is in and car is running.

My new clutch is so... rough. It engages hard. And the pedal has much more play than before.
                          There is a weird whirring sound on the belt side of the engine.
                          The idle will sometimes stay around 1500-2000RPM until I push the throttle plate closed. I've adjusted the dash pot.
                          When I swapped blocks, I decided to find a disc with more meat. I had one laying around. But since it didn't wear to the pp/flywheel, it's got a tight spot and shimmys a bit. It's getting better. I also had to take about an inch out of the adjustment because of the fatter disc.

The noise, maybe fingers are touching release collar? Try adjusting things one way or the other.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
                          Last edited by jason_; 07-06-2013, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Dear bravekozak,

Coreys have about 3 Rx7's 2nd gen. Wish I had known sooner I would have picked up the spare tire.

- raj1576

Comment

• Just waiting on the A/C system from DAB440.

Will be nice to finally have A/C.
                              1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                              2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                              1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Picked up 4 AR Estrellas with tires for $70. today. A little curb rash I'll get fixed. 2 good tires, 1 okay tire & 1 crap tire. I have 4 good tires on my car & 4 good tires in the shed, so not worring about tires. Did some cleanup today , used Purple power to degrease. I'm a happy man!!!
                                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Working...
                                X