Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I renewed the license on 2 vehicles yesterday. My 97 F250 and the wife's 97 Mountaineer. Total for both was $67.00. One of the advantages of driving old junk. I think my 04 Mustang is just over $100 for annual license and the Festiva is around $32.00. No emissions testing or inspection either.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• I ran some Sea Foam in the booster vacuum line, and into the carb. (I used a syringe). It cleared something out because made it idle a whole lot better and higher. Turned down the idle screw and now puuurrrs like a kitten. It used to idle up and down and sometimes stall, ran it for about 30 minutes and around the block 3 times. Not a single issue! More Sea Foam tomorrow like through the gas, and maybe do a piston soak, MAYBE.

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by valelotax View Post
        More Sea Foam tomorrow like through the gas, and maybe do a piston soak, MAYBE.
        Piston soak?!
        Like, pour it in the spark plug holes and soak?
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Yup, on top of each piston and let soak for 24 hours. I might do it, but scared that there is a small piece of carbon keeping the cylinders from smoking and cleaning it will make it do so. But when you are done, you take the plugs back out and crank it??? Thats how we did it on our storm and the Sea Foam went every where.

Comment

• Screwed around with some wires yesterday, looks horrible, I just hope it works. This is all the starting and charging wiring harness in an aspires engine bay. Ran out of tape, possibly a good thing? I need to buy more, looking for opinions on the blue w/ yellow tape and if its too much? I had to wrap sections cause some wires wanted to pop out of the thicker branches.
            Attached Files
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• I finally got around to buying myself the ktx-100eq kit for my cda-9887 which has the imprint setup built in to the head unit. Alpine offers the imprint kit seperately for other decks that don't have it built in but it is the pxa-h100.

To anyone who doesn't know what it is. It is a digital sound processor. You hook up this processor to your deck, hook up the microphone to the processor and hook up the processor up to your laptop. Then you mount the microphone on the tripod.

Depending on what kind of system response you want you choose where to optimize where the stereo sounds the best. For example all seats, driver seat, front passenger, front seats, or rear seats.

Then you place the microphone is 6 specific locations as directed by the program. When placed in each seat it is to be placed on the tripod at ear height and represent the space between both ears where (your) head actually rests. It measures the cabin frequency response in each key position by sending full range frequency pulses through each speaker to help decide crossover points, and see the range of frequencies the speaker is able to reproduce as well as limiting distortion, also measuring cabin reflections and measuring the time domain information (I.e. the sound from the closest speaker to you usually arrives to your ear faster than the farthest speaker) in order to apply time delays to get all the sound to reach your ears at the same time.

Then after it has collected all its information from those 6 locations. It processes all of the data and gives you a combined cabin frequency response and time correction data. Then you choose the filter you want to apply and it shows you the corrected frequency response and time correction. Then you proceed to send the filter to the head unit to be stored. And then choose a second filter for slot 2 and send it as well.

It uses 512 points of equalizer correction per channel to give you the flattest frequency response. meaning when music is playing every frequency will seem to have the same volume so that there are no peaks or valleys in the sounds that you would hear.

I finally got this all done yesterday in an empty parking lot at night while it was quiet outside. And I must say it is awesome. I haven't been able to get my stereo this clean and clear in the year I have owned it. I have used strings and measured speaker distances manually and applied formulas for time correction. And used the 7 band equalizer to the best of my ability with limited rta. But this processor applies more filtering than the deck allows you to do manually and I just can't compete with it. It is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone seeking the most clarity and sq out of their stereo. I'm just excited because this stereo build was a big one and it is a great platform for sound and to finalise the tuning now just completes everything it can't get any better now.
              Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Emergency wheel bearing job on Saturday night....along with needing to machine a new spacer, since as usual whoever did the job before I got the car, didn't use it. Stupid people!!

Comment

• Originally posted by valelotax View Post
                  I ran some Sea Foam in the booster vacuum line, and into the carb. (I used a syringe). It cleared something out because made it idle a whole lot better and higher. Turned down the idle screw and now puuurrrs like a kitten. It used to idle up and down and sometimes stall, ran it for about 30 minutes and around the block 3 times. Not a single issue! More Sea Foam tomorrow like through the gas, and maybe do a piston soak, MAYBE.
                  My suggestion; if it runs good and doesn't smoke or use oil, leave it alone. Experience over the last 20yrs has taught me this hard learned lesson, but I still forget occasionally, lol.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

• just finished changing cam, crank seals , and oil pan gasket in the aqua.
                    ;
                    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                    '92 Festiva L M/T
                    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Painted the Valve cover, not the best paintjob, may redo it later on but for now it'll do.
                      DSC05678.jpgDSC05679.jpg
                      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Just bought some new window channel seals. Danged shipping was more than the seals.
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

What was the total price?
                          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• I replaced the accessory belt.

Last edited by DON SVO; 02-18-2013, 09:10 AM.
                            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

• Fixed the stupid e brake cable so I can use it for my paper route! LOL. Getting paid mileage does no good in a Mustang!

Tank is getting replaced next.
                              93 Ford Festiva L 5 speed: In process of fixing PO's negligence

Comment

Today,
                                I swapped out to aspire rear.

And ripped out the front.
                                Installed 2004 KIA Rio knuckles and springs on new struts and cv shaft.

Put on a new 14 in wheel and tire, just for looks for now.
                                HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                                "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Working...
                                X