Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i changed oil. put the new exhaust gasket in and replaced so bulbs.

Comment

• Put some cardboard in front of the radiator, now the car heats up quicker.

Those Murray 323 dual-stage thermostats are junk.

Seriously considering putting the single stage one back in.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• On my Festiva .....

Here are a few things I did today on my newly purchased Festiva from last week:
        -I found out today it's a GL instead of a LX.
        -I cleaned & Armeralled the windows and rubber sealants around the doors and windows to stop the leakage.
        -Removed all the bumper stickers the previous owner put on (25 in all).
        -Cleaned off some of the grime inside the car.
        -Worked on the left front turn signal light and found out the socket is alll rusted out and gone. Any ideas where I can find a replacement??? Otherwise I'll just re-wire another socket in there.
        -Tightened the belt on the altenator. It was slipping on the pully.
        -The cars original color was blue. The previous owner spray painted it black ..... It's gonna stay black when I have the car repainted.
        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• I acquired an engine hoist!!
          Buck.
          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Went to PullAPart and scored a new B6 head off a 1986 Mazda 323 and a two stage thermostat for $66.

38 pics 013.jpg

That is what the head looked like when I pulled it off, has not been cleaned up.

Nice Day!!!!!
            Jack Byrd,
            1991 Capri
            1988 Festiva LX, 240K
            1970 Chev C10
            1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• What did the other side of that head look like?
              It looks like it was just bolted on after a rebuild.

Comment

• Just cleaned 22 years of grim off the two beauty rings that came on the car when I bought it, and polished them.

I need two more for the rear wheels.

Although one ring was in pretty good shape, the other looked like it had been curbed many many times, still cleaned up nice.
                I think they look good against the black painted steelies.

Tomorrow I think I will take the hubcaps off and give them the same treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                  Went to PullAPart and scored a new B6 head off a 1986 Mazda 323 and a two stage thermostat for $66.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11814[/ATTACH]
                  Good looking head!!! Did it happen to have the pepper shaker wheels on it? Would really love to snag a pair!
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                    What did the other side of that head look like?
                    It looks like it was just bolted on after a rebuild.
                    The other side looks as good as the chambers. On close inspection the valves look new, the head surface has very light swirl marks and no marks from the head gasket imprinted on it. The valve cover was not in place and there was some rust from the cam and it would not turn initially, a squirt of PB Blaster broke it right loose. There is a small streak where there is some head gasket adhered to the head, so it has been hot, but you can't tell it by the chambers. The cylinders were all rusted but no standing water. And man I love that exhaust manifold. I gotta get me a 1.6. I can't wait to turn a grinder loose on that thing.
                    Jack Byrd,
                    1991 Capri
                    1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                    1970 Chev C10
                    1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                      Good looking head!!! Did it happen to have the pepper shaker wheels on it? Would really love to snag a pair!
                      No, hubcaps. I know of another one that I want the engine out of. If I can remember, I check it out.
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Ok, further investigating my Festiva I purchased last week ...... It IS an LX and the car was white. The hatchback was replaced at sometime from a GL and it was blue.
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• found my car running in FMEM because of a negative EGO.
                          '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
                          '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
                          '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

• Finally did a tune up and cleaned up the IAC. Only to find cracks in my intake tube. Also Re-aligned the drivers door so it would close properly. Now to figure out why my car always feels like it has a cross wind blowing on it when im doing anything over 50.
                            1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
                              Went to PullAPart and scored a new B6 head off a 1986 Mazda 323 and a two stage thermostat for $66.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11814[/ATTACH]

That is what the head looked like when I pulled it off, has not been cleaned up.

Nice Day!!!!!
                              I would first guess that someone else has recently had that head off and cleaned up/resurfaced or something, for the chambers to be that clean on a running engine. Careful...

Comment

• Moved the spacers on my rear springs to areas with higher tension, now the ride isn't stiff anymore, plus I keep my extra ride height so the rear sits level with the front uncut Rio springs, and struts.

Also picked up some Accessories at a $5 and below store, new auxiliary audio cable for my stereo, a Cig lighter splitter w/USB charge ports, and a micro usb car charger.
                                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-10-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X