Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Papa Smurf is looking good!!! And the white wheels really set off the white hood!
    Thanks, next is white grill and eyelids. Then drive the wheels off of it. I was kind of unsure about the auto at first but I love it now! Gas milage is not too bad either
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

• While trying to raise my rear suspension today. (Which failed since these springs have so few coils and such little tension, it made zero difference when wedging coil boosters between the springs.)
      I found that the lower rear strut bolt head was sheered off on the driver's side, I think someone in the past was going to change the rear struts, and that happened.

So the ONLY way I can change my struts is to replace the entire rear beam, because there is no way that bolt is coming out.

The deeper and deeper I delve into this car, the more $#!% I find.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-06-2013, 01:26 PM.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I hope to be testing some aftermarket rear springs this weekend.

I also have a rear beam for sale
        HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
        "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

• Challenged a guy at work to a snow donut competition. His new Dodge Ram did all right, but Lil Red's reverse donuts stole the show!

~Joe
          White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
          White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
          1988 LX 5-speed
          ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Installed my new hatch latch with the plug for the rear light! Was happy to find out both the latch and the light are working properly!

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• What have you done to your Festiva today!?

If anyone needs any of those light with switch I have about 6 for sale.
              ;
              www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
              '92 Festiva L M/T
              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

• Priced all the parts I would need from various "Pull your own part" style junkyards for a Rear Aspire Swap.

This is what I figured from three different yards, the first on the list not having any Aspires at all, second having one, and the last having 3.

Torsion Rear Beam = $13.24
                Brake shoes = $4
                Brake Drums with Hubs = $32
                Spindles = $40
                2 Steel Wheels (Probably without tires) = $14
                Brake Cylinders = $8
                Rear Struts with Springs $42.48

Total From U Pull and Pay = $153.72

Torsion Rear Beam = $16.99
                2 Steel wheels without tires = $11
                Brake Shoes = $4
                Rear Springs, Shocks = $46
                Rear Spindles = $44
                Brake Drums with Hubs = $36
                Brake Cylinders = $12

Total from Pick N' Pull = $170

Torsion Rear Beam = $12.97
                Shocks = $14.82
                Springs = $28.26
                Spindles = $48.06
                Brake Drums W/hub = $21.44
                Brake Shoes = $4
                Brake Cylinders = $9
                2 Steel Wheels with Tires = $34

Total From Pull a Part = $172.55

Unless I am missing something, or there are things I can swap from the stock setup to the new setup.
                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-06-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Isn't it just your luck that the cheap yard doesn't have any and the expensive yard has 3
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                    Isn't it just your luck that the cheap yard doesn't have any and the expensive yard has 3
                    Well at least with the yard that had 3, I get the tires with the wheels.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      While trying to raise my rear suspension today. (Which failed since these springs have so few coils and such little tension, it made zero difference when wedging coil boosters between the springs.)
                      I found that the lower rear strut bolt head was sheered off on the driver's side, I think someone in the past was going to change the rear struts, and that happened.

So the ONLY way I can change my struts is to replace the entire rear beam, because there is no way that bolt is coming out.

The deeper and deeper I delve into this car, the more $#!% I find.
                      Is there enough clearance in there to drill it and use a bolt/screw extractor perhaps? You could try doing it that way... but it'd be a bit of a pain to say the least.
                      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                        Is there enough clearance in there to drill it and use a bolt/screw extractor perhaps? You could try doing it that way... but it'd be a bit of a pain to say the least.
                        Possibly, but like you said, It would be a pain.

Rear beams are cheap, and a set junkyard springs and shocks shouldn't be too much.

Now this is probably a stupid question, but will the rear springs and shocks from an Aspire bolt up to a Festy rear beam? Or is that one of the big reasons people do the Aspire swap in the first place?

Comment

• Started the Festiva and let it run a bit. pulled it back into the garage.
                          One thing I could do before I get an engine is fix the rear brakes. They're sticking something fierce. I can't even push it on the smooth, flat garage floor.
                          Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 03-06-2013, 07:15 PM.
                          Buck.
                          -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                          -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                          -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Cleaned and painted the oil pan, valve cover, and turbo manifold....

Comment

• On my 93, I cleaned the fuel tank and started installing the new fuel pump. Man I hate ethynol gas. It totally destroyed the fuel pump while I was building the car. Just hoping that I don't have to clean the injectors again.
                              Also straightened some wires under the hood. Installed the cold air intake. Hopefully it will fire next week and I can get the new exhaust system installed and the front end aligned. Yesterday, I drove the 90.
                              Jerry
                              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Removed the tranny from the kl and realized I need washers to be able to bolt it to my engine stand. So I just ran the Festiva a bit and finished filling cracks in the garage with concrete.And it started snowing, Im sure it has been touched by snow before just not on my watch ><
                                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X