Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put in a Protege center console (halfway, did it as it was getting dark - will drill mounting holes tomorrow), and the auto Protege shift markings (the ones that say P N D 3 2 1 ect), and it really updated my little guy! The cupholders are awesome, and now I have an empty spot to mount a CB!

I'll post pictures tomorrow if I remember (and will hopefully have it fully mounted by then).

Also got a spoiler from I think an S10 Blazer. Can't wait to mount it!!

~Joe

Also funny how the shift plate makes it look like I have a 4spd automatic with overdrive.. banana time
    Last edited by Spike; 03-31-2013, 08:51 PM.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Can't wait to see how the S-10 spoiler works out.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts
      Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• redsigned the dome light assembly using a light switch plate as the base, installed a new switch to replace the self shorting fuse blowing stock unit.
        '88 LX (VIN#30) one of the first Built 12/86
        '88 L (VIN#55753) Built 12/87
        '93 GL one of the last Built 5/19/93

Comment

• You now need a dome light dimmer.

Comment

• Almost got the b3 out today. So excited! The b6 is clean enough to eat off of, waiting not-so-patiently for me to drop it in
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
              Almost got the b3 out today. So excited! The b6 is clean enough to eat off of, waiting not-so-patiently for me to drop it in
              Htchbck has a lot of knowledge about the B6 swap. He helped me a lot with mine.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• The welder, this week, is replacing/fixing part of the right rear uniframe that has rusted bad where the axle is bolted on!

I'll post pictures of a before and after when he is finished.

I'm going to UPULL&PAY on Friday morning to hopefully get a drivers door and maybe the hood for my Festiva.
                1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
                  The welder, this week, is replacing/fixing part of the right rear uniframe that has rusted bad where the axle is bolted on!

I'll post pictures of a before and after when he is finished.

I'm going to UPULL&PAY on Friday morning to hopefully get a drivers door and maybe the hood for my Festiva.
                  Ummmm.... I already took the hood the last time I was there. I still have my old white one, but I bet it is in worse shape than yours. Thought you were looking at getting a fender, not a hood?
                  1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                  2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                  1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• The black shell was picked up today:

~Austin
                    Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                      The black shell was picked up today:

Man, that's a sad, sad end for a faithful Festiva.....:sad:

Enjoy Festiva heaven, my friend.....
                      88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                      88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                      91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                      93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                        Ummmm.... I already took the hood the last time I was there. I still have my old white one, but I bet it is in worse shape than yours. Thought you were looking at getting a fender, not a hood?
                        Thats cool, I need the drivers door more than the hood. I can find a hood another time.
                        1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
                        1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
                        1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
                        2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
                        2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
                        2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
                        1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Found out the transmission shop can't get the right axle out and won't continue until I can find another transmission in the event they break the case when they start frailing on it. Anyone know of a 5-speed in Winston-Salem, NC area? Help....:cry_smile:
                          Jack Byrd,
                          1991 Capri
                          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                          1970 Chev C10
                          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Ignition parts, seals, and filters came in today for my new engine. Probably the fastest Rock Auto has ever shipped anything.
                            Still waiting on the clutch.
                            And I ordered a simple alarm and power lock kit. That should be in tomorrow.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• My KYB GR-2s came in today. Not sure when I'll have time to through them and the FMS springs on it.

What should I do about the rusting issues with the springs? Talking with Fred and he mentioned sandblast and powdercoat...would the powdercoating hold up on the springs that are going to be compressing and moving a lot?

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• I fixed a rear bearing issue on the left side of my silver 90.
                                Then I installed a Curtis hitch on the Team Lightning rescue vehicle. (My 98 Dakota).
                                Much better than the bumper mounted ball I was using.
                                Jerry
                                Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                                90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                                92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                                93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
                                X