Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worked on my 92 GL sport today. Got the new to me Aspire engine clean, ordered seals for the engine, and got both axles pulled out of the GL ... well almost both ...

.... the driver side axle inner cv joint pulled apart when I yanked on it! The boot just stretched!

I took the boot off and took the axle out that way. I'll deal with it when the engine is out.
    Last edited by drddan; 10-13-2013, 11:18 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Got my Kia turn park lights in, resistors so the blinkers go nice and slow, moved the front plate, and a new air filter, oh bought an 80k mile motor and put it in while I wait for my Dickmeyer automotive parts.

image.jpg

image.jpg
      Josh Z.

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
        Today i tried to put in a tach cluster and failed miserably. So i topped off tranny fluid put back in stocker and flushed mounted turn signals. Wasted afternoon
        You do know you have to reroute the speedo cable in order to put the tach cluster in a non-tach car right?
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

• started replacing o2 sensor & found PO had only partially screwed the original in & completely screwed the threads, likely he cross-threaded & could only get it in partway. Ended up having to remove the exhaust & having a large nut welded to it to get me by for now. On the upside I guess that means I've moved the o2 sensor out much like using an anti-foul sparkplug adapter.

Comment

• Tried, but failed miserably to cut the exhaust off from the cat back.

Turns out a dremel is too small, and can't reach the top part of the pipe while still on the car.

Now I have a massive exhaust leak, and is loud as all hell now. I honestly didn't know the engine was that loud. Luckily I know a friend with a sawzall that I can use to cut it off with. Now I gotta drive to work tomorrow with this loud exhaust.
            1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
            2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
            1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I found out that Mazdaspeed Protege seats are constructed quite well >.<
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
                I found out that Mazdaspeed Protege seats are constructed quite well >.<
                Gotta be a good story behind this.......hmmmmmm
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Received my brand new headlight assemblies in the mail today (left+right).

Man these lenses are clean and clear compared to my 18yr old originals

Will install within a day or two and post pictures.

Can't wait to install these and see better in the dark finally.

Plus all of my lenses (corners, sidemarkers, tail lights, headlights)
                  Will be brand new and factory fresh.
                  Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

• Replaced my left tail light assembly on Bessie. Old one was leaking through a gap in the plastic lense and drowning my reverse light.
                    Made new tail light gaskets also.
                    Last edited by 1990new; 10-15-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                      You do know you have to reroute the speedo cable in order to put the tach cluster in a non-tach car ri?
                      yes, that is why i chose to add some fluid to my tranny. You do the cable to maneuver. What happened is i bought a cluster misding front piece and i thought they are all the same minus ghe trip reset hole. No clips line up. So my options are break all the vlips abd glue the cover or wait for my wtb thread to come thru with a helper
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Got the muffler installed to the intermediate pipe, and got it all installed on the car, but not to the cat. >_<

Didn't have the right size adapter pipes. (Someone used a universal cat on this car, so it was welded on.)

Though I left the one adapter on the cat, and on the way home from a friends I could smell that sticker on it cooking off. lol
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• The Aspire now has a Festiva swap...12" wheels...almost ready for the scrapper! Just need to pull the pedals for the clutch and brake for the 5 speed swap and any connectors I need to get the Festiva running again with the Aspire's b3.

Sent from the trash can.
                          Last edited by defprun; 10-16-2013, 10:30 PM.
                          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Are you going to High temp paint that adapter so it doesn't rust, or natural it? I guess you could get a stainless adapter.
                            Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                            Got the muffler installed to the intermediate pipe, and got it all installed on the car, but not to the cat. >_<

Didn't have the right size adapter pipes. (Someone used a universal cat on this car, so it was welded on.)

Though I left the one adapter on the cat, and on the way home from a friends I could smell that sticker on it cooking off. lol
                            93 Festiva GL

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
                              Worked on my 92 GL sport today. Got the new to me Aspire engine clean, ordered seals for the engine, and got both axles pulled out of the GL ... well almost both ...

.... the driver side axle inner cv joint pulled apart when I yanked on it! The boot just stretched!

I took the boot off and took the axle out that way. I'll deal with it when the engine is out.
                              Same deal happened to me, but my neighbour (who's a diesel mech) just popped it back together. Just kinda massaged the two pieces together and it fell back in place.

Sent from the trash can.
                              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Today i did the conduit bar to tie the rear seats mounts together. I didnt drive the car spirited tonight but on the highway i could swear the squeaks and creaks have diminished! They are there at low speeds coming out of the hatch still but something positive is going on. For two $2.00 metric bolts and a pipe its worth it. Go about 39 inches in length, i did closer to 41 and my bend is too much. Ill make another one later, the bar is 1.70 for five feet something stupid cheap
                                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X